Accounting and Business Analyst
Babst, Calland, Clements and Zomnir, P.C., a Pittsburgh based law firm is searching for a self-motivated Accounting and Business Analyst in its Pittsburgh office.
The ideal candidate would enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment that centers around a client-focused approach.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly ad hoc journal entries at a detailed level, ensuring GAAP compliance.
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement reconciliations.
- Calculate, analyze and recommend adjustments to financial reserves.
- Ensure accurate accounting on an accrual and cash basis across multiple legal entities.
- Perform daily cash reconciliations of all bank activity and resolve any discrepancies; ensuring all proper internal controls are documented and followed.
- Generate, review, edit and distribute client pre-bills monthly.
- Complete and distribute final invoices on behalf of the Firm.
- Provide client accruals, status updates and budgets.
- Maintain transparent and efficient communication to all stakeholders, vendors, facilities and colleagues.
- Ensure high quality delivery in a timely manner.
- Be visible and approachable for all members of the Firm.
- Follow company processes, controls, and policies for all aspects of the Accounting and Business Specialist function.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in accounting, preferably with a law firm or other professional services organization, using Aderant Expert or other complex accounting system.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Excellent computer skills; MS Office, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience querying, extracting and manipulating information from a data warehouse or other business intelligence database solution is a plus.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all organizational levels.
- Ability to strictly maintain client and firm confidentiality.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Group life, AD&D, and LTD insurance
- 401(k) Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
Babst, Calland, Clements and Zomnir, P.C. values and strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pittsburgh Law FirmPittsburgh, PA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.