Client Service Representative
- Posted: 20 days ago
Client Service Representative
Being a Client Service Representative (CSR) in a veterinary office takes a special kind of person who is able to deal with both humans and animals alike. As a CSR your primary responsibility is to be efficient in any and all front desk operations. A CSR is the client’s first and last impression of New Hope Veterinary Hospital and it is important that all clients feel welcome, safe and comfortable. CSRs are invaluable members of our hospital team, and we treat them that way. Come thrive in an environment that encourages learning and continued grow within the profession and become the bridge between pet owners and patient care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
● Deliver exceptional customer service to pet owners in a polite and timely manner, both in person and over the phone
● Schedule and confirm appointments, record keeping and organization, provide estimates and invoices for payment
● Respond with compassion and empathy in stressful and emotional situations
● Maintain a clean, stocked and orderly lobby and front office area
● Educate clients on wellness plans, food and products sold in waiting room
● Perform opening and closing procedures, end of day reports and deposits
● Data Entry: records, client questionnaires, referral information, ect
● Distribute mail
● Ensure that referral letters and lab results go to the corresponding veterinarians
● Admit patients: ensuring that the patient is weighed and all information is current.
Skills and Qualifications:
● 1-3 years’ experience in veterinary practice (or human medical practice) required
● Computer experience (email usage, word/excel) and proficiency required in front desk equipment (such as, fax machine, credit card machine, copy machine, and postage meter)
● Must possess basic math skills to determine proper deposits, make change, and process payments utilizing credit card and check terminal
● There must be a general understanding of veterinary terminology, situational understanding and being able to successfully communicate these situations with clients and veterinary team.
● Able to phone and waiting room triage to determine the difference between an emergency and a routine office visit
● Excellent communication skills with clients and team members
● Proficient time management, ability to problem solve, learn, and handle multiple tasks
● Enthusiastic team player with a patient, and positive professional attitude.
● Must be able to work seated for a majority of day
Benefits and Perks:
● Affordable medical options that include free dental, all starting first of the month following date of hire
● 401K with company match
● Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options included
● Long Term Disability options
● Short Term Disability, paid for by employer
● Complimentary Life Insurance $15,000; with options to purchase additional voluntary benefits for self or family
● Personal Pet Discounts
● PTO and Paid Holidays
● Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
At Piscataqua Animal Hospital in Kittery, ME, we’re more than just a team of veterinarians and staff members; we’re also a close-knit group of animal lovers and we’re passionate about what we do! We strive to provide exceptional customer service and patient care by working as a team; we work hard and we also have fun!
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.
Piscataqua Animal Hospital
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?