- Posted: July 26, 2022
The Tale of Pirate Ventures
At Pirate Ventures, we live boldly and act differently. We're a crew built of dreamers that collaborate to Deliver the Unexpected, every day. We understand it is our call and responsibility to curate environments and experiences where people feel genuinely welcomed and part of our community. As moment makers, we produce immersive experiences where people feel recognized as human-first, allowing us to positively impact, empower, and collectively celebrate others.
Along the way, we foster community by ensuring that we are fulfilling our core mission in all our interactions, be they with guests, our partners, and each other.
Why Join Our Crew?
If you are not excited about waking up to Deliver the Unexpected and impact the lives of those around you, while challenging yourself, this isn't the place for you.
AS A HUMAN-FIRST BUSINESS, Pirate Ventures corporately supports our brick-and-mortar units by investing in our crew members. From robust onboarding and training through Pirate Ventures University, to continuing education and recognition programs, OUR CREW MEMBERS ARE SUPPORTED and prepared to Deliver the Unexpected to all guests.
From Captain to Crew we all live, breathe and hold each other accountable to the Pirate Ventures Core Values. Our success is crafted through an all-hands-on-deck approach to every task. We are dedicated to mastering the minutia in all we do and thrive as a tightly knit team with an infectious entrepreneurial spirit. We celebrate our victories together, while collectively learning and growing from our failures. Joining our crew means being part of something bigger than yourself and sharing in a vision of a bountiful future for Pirate Ventures and for each other.
We're not all inspirational talk either. We value transparency and communication across our organization with regular crew outings and activities to promote closer relationships amongst the crew. Everyone has unlimited time off, and management ensures everyone takes time to re-calibrate. The environment on board also encourages individuals to focus on themselves and their families with flexible schedules allowing for time to exercise, work from home when needed, pick kids up from school, or enjoy longer vacations.Pirate Ventures
Marketing Team Lead
We are currently seeking a marketing guru to oversee company-wide marketing strategies and initiatives. This role will collaborate with the executive, sales, customer service and operational teams to help us Deliver the Unexpected to our guests through our prolific marketing efforts. The role will strategize and execute on traditional and digital marketing campaigns for multiple brands each with their own unique audiences.
The Marketing Team Lead must be able to navigate all aspects of marketing and steer the ship in the direction most suitable for each unit while not losing sight of the big picture. The Marketing Team Lead must be a self-starter that knows when to engage their crew to get the content they need, adjust and edit that information and get it into the right hands. Typical responsibilities will require both creative and strategic thinking to conquer. The role will also require planning marketing materials for upcoming events and campaigns while simultaneously analyzing those of the past.
Do you have what it takes to navigate a crew through these unique ever evolving marketing waters?
- Develop and execute marketing strategies across multiple unique brands, including venue strategies, event sales, recruitment and brand awareness
- Maintain an entrepreneurial spirit when creating and distributing fresh marketing materials
- Work directly with our Executive, Customer Service and Sales Team to develop strategies to increase ticket sales and meet reservation targets
- Oversee, build and maintain a crew that can get the job done across all venues and multiple platforms.
- Take pride in the Pirate Ventures' guest experience and help us show the world by maintaining and increasing online ratings, visibility and communications.
- Showcase the amazing stories that happen inside our units and experiences in unique ways, tell our story!
- Help us collect our doubloons by ensuring we meet ROI expectations on all our campaigns
- Find the hot key to help make us efficient and streamlined on cross-channel campaigns
- Get the communities we serve and partners excited about events/brands by curating marketing, sales and sponsorship collateral.
- Create an all hands in atmosphere and utilize all the needed crew members and teams to develop and execute an Annual Sales/Marketing plan for both Pirate Ventures and each individual brand
- Work directly with the Experience Team and Sales Team to ensure ticket sales and targets for each event are met.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team Lead on the curation of all sales and sponsorship materials to ensure proper marketing give/gets are outlined
- Commitment to and alignment with company's core values
- Ability to be on site (in DC, Baltimore and beyond) 2-4 days per month
- Virtually attend daily company-wide huddles to report on top priorities and weekly team meetings to track quarterly goals and objectives
- Maintain a positive attitude with a high level of attention to mastering the minutia and competitive spirit
- Must be able to work independently and in a crew setting
- A bachelor's degree in marketing or similar area of expertise
- Must have a minimum of 7 to 10 years of marketing leadership experience
- Must have held a managerial role in marketing for at least 7 years to apply.
- Experience in the hospitality industry is preferred
- Must be creative with the ability to think outside the box
- Be knowledgeable in SEO, Social Media and other marketing outlets
- Proven leadership ability and ability to manage a crew
- Must have previously managed at least 3 to 5 direct reports
- Ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to create and analyze metrics regarding marketing strategy
- Must know how to actively read and utilize a P&L
- A strong eye for user experience and collateral material design
A portfolio of work will be requested and required.
BusinessView all jobs at Pirate Ventures