Senior Network Engineer (contract-to-hire)
Pira Consulting Minneapolis, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Network Engineer
- Understand the data communication needs and come up with the best solutions to meet the requirements
- Define and implement process improvements including leveraging new tools and technologies to enhance reliability and availability of the network infrastructure..
- Use information on existing network traffic and plan growth of the network needs.Lead plans for upgrades and equipment needs to optimize performance.
- Lead strategy of all factors associated with network security.
- Research and troubleshoot escalated issues working with other teams, partners, and vendors as appropriate while communicating progress and resolution to clients.
- Work with other teams to improve problem resolution rates and minimize escalations.
- Create and maintain knowledge base articles for policies and procedures.
- Train new and existing employees on technologies and related procedures.
- Focus on continued professional development to maintain knowledge and application of current industry best practices, networking concepts and to incorporate new technologies to our client's services.
- Cooperate with other employees to create a trusting, honest, and productive work team.
- Perform other technical tasks as defined, planned, and approved by leadership.
- Advanced experience designing network related technologies including enterprise LANs, WANs, WLANs, routers, firewalls, switches, VPN, network load balancers, and wireless access points.
- Advanced experience supporting server-based networking technologies, either physical or virtual (Routing, VPN, DNS, RADIUS, DHCP, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of server and network interaction, specifically TCP/UDP ports, sessions and network services.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS.
- Knowledge of data encryption, IDS/IPS, and anti-virus software preferred.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to clients in non-technical language.
- Hands-on experience with configuration management and automation technology such as Chef, Ansible, Azure Automation, and PowerShell.
- Operational understanding of regulatory compliance, including, but not limited to: HIPAA, HI-TECH and PCI-DSS.
- Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA or JNCP preferred.
Core desired technical experience:
- Kemp Load Balancer
- Juniper (Nice to have)