Piping Rock Health Products, is a leading multi-channel retailer and B2C supplier of nutritional supplements. Backed by three generations and over 40 years of experience in the natural products industry. As the Sales Director, you will be responsible for the sales of two dynamic and growing retail locations. You will be tasked with leading associates dedicated to driving sales and staying ahead of our competition using best business practices in an expanding and entrepreneurial environment. Under your direct supervision and collaboration with our educated associates, you will be a part of a team expected to offer all customers a personalized experience related to their individual health care needs.
Roles and Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Proactively identify and seek out client and industry relationships to optimize revenue.
- Research and identify trends related to health, fitness and wellness to maximize sales growth.
- Influence store sales by identifying and attracting new customers through marketing and networking with community.
- Educate store associates with product knowledge to be able to direct customers and influence the products purchased.
- Work with store managers to establish sales goals, ordering, and staffing needs.
- Create store culture that gains customers by providing excellent service and knowledge from store associates.
- Establish sales objectives with store managers input by forecasting and developing sales quotas and projecting expected sales volumes and profit for existing and new products.
- Oversee the execution of promotional strategies and programs, assuring that they support sales, marketing, and profit objectives.
- Regularly visit relevant competition to maintain an awareness of store performance issues and market trends.
- Work with the merchandising team to identify trending opportunities in the supplement and health products industry.
- Partner with the corporate management and store management team to oversee, establish, achieve sales and margin goals, develop operating budgets and monitor performance.
- Work with store managers to implement company-developed training programs for all store associates including:
- New product development
- Engaging with customers in a professional and friendly manner to promote future business relations and instill accountability
- Responsible for all areas of store management including financials, communication with corporate and overall success of the business.
- Support recruitment and supervision of store by managers to ensure cultural fit, insight for the business, performance results and enforcing disciplinary action when needed.
- Leverage your reports (financial, operational, team and guest) to understand the business and make decisions.
- Store safety
- Best practices relating to operating efficiently and productivity
- Strategies of resolving customer service dissatisfaction, recurring product returns, and inventory issues
To qualify for this position, your background must include:
- 2+ years retail sales/management experience
- Possess a passion for health and wellness with the ability to transfer personal knowledge of products to customers and staff
- Highly motivated and energetic personality with a rebel mindset who is willing to thrive in a high growth organization
- Experience creating store specific strategies and managing a team to deliver results
- Strong business acumen and skill-set which enables the management and staff to drive business goals and create an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong project management skills, including attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-manage resources (time and budget) to achieve objectives
- Ability to analyze effectiveness of retail, sponsorship & local programs
- Ability to understand the role of marketing communications, sales promotion and advertising
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel and Word
- Experience in supplement industry is a plus
- Competitive wages, excellent health benefits, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays and a great 401K plan!