Job Description - Position located in Pipestone, MN
Objective: Accounting position to help produce financial information by performing daily accounting tasks which includes reconciling accounts, preparing reports, performing cash management, and generating profitability statements.
- Maintain accurate financial records.
- Perform vendor payments on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Invoice and reconcile cash receipts from customers on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Analyze general ledger accounts to ensure all business transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable; inventory; prepaid expenses; fixed assets and depreciation, other assets, accounts payable, and accrued expenses.
- Review classification of income statement accounts.
- Assist in preparing balance sheets, income statements, and other financial statements as required under standard operating procedures.
- Complete end of month close procedures.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports to managers/owners.
- Help produce annual budgets.
- Assist with other accounting projects as necessary.
- Two year or Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Qualifications (CPA, CMA) a plus but not required
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Basic understanding of tax/cash basis accounting
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Analytical mind with proven ability to problem solve
- Competency in Microsoft Office