Senior Director of Operations Utility Electric Distribution
- Posted: over a month ago
The Sr. Director of Operations for utility distribution infrastructure manages all functions of the department T&D and natural gas infrastructure systems to ensure a continuous supply of all to all customers. Major responsibilities of this position are to promote the use of powerline and gas utility services by all classes of customers in the service area, design system expansions, implement innovative advancements to efficiently improve current/future distribution systems, foster excellent public relations, and provide keen business development practices to increase operations areas/customer base.
- Lead and direct business unit operations staff in the effective and safe execution of projects
- Prepare and present detailed construction cost estimates and documentation
- Manage overall revenue and cost to maximize profit margins
- Measure operational effectiveness for the development of new techniques designed to augment the quality and quantity of services regarding all geographic areas of responsibility
- Make staffing decisions, train new employees, and develop employee performance
- Supervision is exercised over multiple employees throughout various locations, assigning work priorities, review of project progression, ensuring area reclamation post project recovery, and providing assistance with difficult problems
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates both in the field and in in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is primarily sedentary, with some filing or lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The Company reserves the right to revise or change the job duties as the need arises. Management reserves the right to change the description, duties or work schedules to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- A Bachelors degree in Construction Technology, Engineering, or a related field of study. (or equivalent work history)
- 10 years of total relevant experience, including previous supervisory experience as a Director of Powerline
- Experience managing divisional or department budget
- Experience managing projects from inception through completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and upper management
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to read blueprints and prioritize projects
- 10 or more years managing operations related to powerline infrastructure systems
We are committed to providing a work environment that fosters education, training, and certification on the latest technology and processes. Plus, we offer competitive compensation and full benefits. Benefits include:
- Health, dental, vision
- Stock options and 401(k) with match
- Generous Paid Time Off
Piper Management Group
BusinessView all jobs at Piper Management Group