Pioneer Technical Services, Inc Butte, MT
- Posted: over a month ago
Department: Kellogg, ID or Butte, MT
Job Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8-5 unless needed otherwise
Positions Supervised: NonePosition Summary
The Project Surveyor will work as part of the Survey Team and assist in completing surveys requiring a professional land surveyor in Montana and Idaho. Surveyor will be required to make accurate measurements and determine property boundaries/corners. Provide data relevant to the shape, contour, location, elevation, or dimension of land or land features on or near the earth's surface for engineering, mapmaking, mining, land evaluation, construction, and other purposes. Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure quality data collection pertinent to each project and task.
Essential FunctionsReasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Essential Functions Statement
- Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, volume quantities, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes and elevations of important features and boundaries in survey areas using total stations, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
- Record the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
- Train assistants and helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or drafting maps.
- Adjust surveying instruments to maintain their accuracy.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
- Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures.
- Survey bodies of water to secure data for floodplain analyses and construction of bridges, breakwaters, piers, and other structures.
- Conduct research in surveying and mapping methods using knowledge of techniques of photogrammetric map compilation and electronic data processing.
- Locate and mark sites selected for geophysical prospecting activities such as efforts to locate petroleum or other mineral products.
- Work with others to provide control for aerial surveys of specified geographical areas.
- Develop criteria for the design and modification of survey instruments.
Education: Bachelor's Degree- Required, Field of Study: Geomatics or related field
Experience: 5 plus years of experience in Land Surveying
Computer Skills: Must be proficient with the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Trimble Geomatics and Trimble Business Software
Certifications & Licenses: PLS Licensure in the State of Montana and Idaho or have the ability to obtain them within six months of hire. RequiredWork Environment:
This position includes working outside in the elements as well as some office work.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Pioneer Technical Services, Inc
ConstructionView all jobs at Pioneer Technical Services, Inc