Resident Youth Specialist
Pioneer Human Services Seattle, WA
- Expired: June 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can help improve the daily lives of the members of your community, then consider a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Residential Youth Specialist with a passion for human services. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an organization focused on racial justice, second opportunities, diversity, equity and inclusion.
SCHEDULE" 11PM-7AM Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State that provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The primary responsibilities of the Residential Youth Specialist is to supervise and support residents and to carry out the day-to-day operations of a Pioneer residential juvenile reentry program in ways that create a climate favorable to social and emotional development. The Residential Youth Specialist is responsible for ensuring program and facility safety, monitoring resident movement, and supporting structured cognitive and behavioral-based programming designed to promote risk reduction and successful community reintegration. This position supports the Youth & Young Adult Services Division.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience)
Direct care staff must:
Be at least twenty-one years of age, unless they meet the following requirements;
- Be between eighteen and twenty-one years of age and able to provide sufficient documentation demonstrating one or more of the following:
- Licensed by the Washington department of health;
- Have an associate of arts, the equivalent degree, or greater; or
- Enrolled in an internship or practicum program with an accredited college or university
Have a high school diploma or high school equivalency course of study (GED/HSEC) and one of the following;
- One year of successful experience working with youth in a group setting; or
- One year of successful experience as a foster parent; or
- Two years of social services education may be substituted for the required experience.
Provide the following documents before the first day of training;
- Proof of education
- Current TB results
- Current Washington State Food Handlers card
- Current HIV/AIDS and blood borne pathogens certification
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- If you do not have CPR/First Aid certification you can gain the training through Pioneer Human Services. (Classes are held the 3rd Thursday of most months. It will be necessary for you to attend the class provided closest to your time of hire.)
Washington State driver’s license.
Basic computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and other applications.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan that includes:
- Medical, vision, prescription, dental and flexible spending account (FSA).
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 3.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and more.
- Public transportation discount.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.
Pioneer Human Services
GovernmentView all jobs at Pioneer Human Services