Recreational Specialist - Part Time
Pioneer Human Services Spokane, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
$500 Sign on Bonus
We are currently looking for Part-Time Recreation Specialist to join our team at the Spokane Mental Health Crisis Stabilization Facility.
Mental Health Crisis Stabilization Facility
Come be part of a new and exciting resource in Spokane County that will offer a full range of crisis behavioral health services, and primary care all in one location located blocks from Riverfront Park. This program is the first in Washington State to blend these full-range services in a single location and is part of a major regional effort that includes healthcare, government, and private partnerships to improve health and safety in our community.
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Recreation Specialist is responsible for the implementing of activity therapy services in accordance with assessed resident need and planned programming. The Recreation Specialist is responsible for suggesting and recommending changes in program, policy and procedure. The Recreation Specialist is responsible for providing high quality services under the least restrictive conditions feasible.
- Interprets and explains program and/or unit policy and procedure to each resident as needed.
- Integrates knowledge by thinking through (planning) the most professional, therapeutic reaction or intervention in any given resident situation.
- Assists in the development of a written activity therapy program curriculum and schedule as part of an overall program that addresses resident need.
- Provides written documentation of observations of resident functioning during activity programming in order to assist case management staff monitor resident progress.
- Being accountable for the whereabouts of residents in facility at all times.
- Meeting health and hygiene needs including the supervision of medication administration during off campus activities.
- Aiding in the educational process--academic, social, and spiritual.
- Transporting residents to meaningful outside experiences in accordance with program policy.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- High School diploma or equivalent required..
- At least one year of acceptable experience in implementing therapeutic activity/recreational programming.
- Current First Aid and CPR training or be able to complete training within first 30 days of hire.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit.
- Valid Washington State Drivers License.
PREFERRABLY YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation or Human Services
- One year acceptable experience in the human services field
- Course work, experience, or training in human development, chemical dependency, group dynamics, residential treatment or related disciplines desirable
- Experience, or training in human development, chemical dependency, group dynamics, residential treatment, or related disciplines desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Stability: we have over 50 years of success in Washington state.
- Impact: Pioneer provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
- Reputation: we are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington state.
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 4.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and other items.
- Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan.
- Participation in the life assistance program.
- Public transportation reimbursement.
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.
Pursuant to Proclamations issued by Washington’s Governor and company policy, all new employees who start on or after October 18, 2021, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and supply proof of vaccination status prior to commencing work as a condition of employment, unless the employee is entitled to an accommodation for disability-related or religious reasons or is otherwise exempt under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you have any questions, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pioneer Human Services
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Pioneer Human Services