Senior Financial Analyst
Our client, who is focused on making a positive impact in the Non-Profit sector, is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst! This role is open due to the Organization's continued growth. This individual will support the preparation of materials for the Audit Committee, Finance Committee and Board of Directors meetings and will be a key contributor to the financial planning and analysis functions including the budget and forecasting processes and various pro forma and financial analyses.
If you are looking to make an impact in your next role, this could be it!
- Minimum of 5 years of FP&A experience
- Non-profit industry experience preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
What You'll Do:
- Create and maintain Excel based models for use in annual budget, periodic forecast, strategic plan, line of business modeling, KPIs; support the preparation of these deliverables as well as other ad-hoc analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic board reporting and committee materials – PowerPoint presentation, memo documenting financial results and key analytical data, KPIs, amortization schedules and related support for senior management.
- Compile and analyze financial results on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This includes trend analysis, year over year analysis and actual vs budget analysis.
- Prepare profitability analysis on potential opportunities and existing projects.
- Assist with the coordination of annual audits and tax return filings; prepare required information.
- Prepare routine as well as ad hoc financial analysis; respond to inquiries about financial results and special requests from management.
- Prepare selected regulatory and compliance filings.
- Participate in sub-recipient monitoring processes per the OMB regulations.
- Ability to understand the interrelationships between contract and general ledger accounting, revenue, direct and indirect expenditures.
- Prepare regulatory and compliance filings, including US Census Filings, Secretary of State Business and Charitable Organization filings in the various states where the Organization is registered.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Four-year bachelor's degree in business, Accounting or Finance required, with an MBA strongly preferred.
- CPA or CMA certification is a plus.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in the areas of financial planning and analysis, financial reporting and analysis, public accounting, or a mix of the stated disciplines required.
- Experience in a non-profit environment including government grants and contracts preferred.
- Solid employment history with demonstrated competency and progressive increase in responsibilities.
- Experience with CFR, Title 2, Subtitle A, Chapter II, §200 is desirable
- Knowledge of Oracle Fusion (Cloud) or similar ERP accounting software
- Critical Thinking - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret financial reports generated as part of regular job duties.
- Must be proficient in Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, IF statements), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Proficiency required in Oracle (Fusion) - all modules as required to perform job duties (especially the creation of ad hoc reports) within 90 days of full-time employment.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
Pinpoint TalentLa Puente, CA
Finance and InsuranceView All Pinpoint Talent Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.