2,000 sign on bonus
Manufacturing & Technical Contract Review Engineer
Quality Engineer - manufacturing:
· Provide engineering support in the preparation for production of customer parts and assemblies.
· Complete review of incoming purchase orders, part drawings, specifications, to determine requirements.
· Design manufacturing routings from detailed and complex print specifications.
· Strong technical reading/writing skills for analysis of government, special order, military and defense orders for technical and quality requirements.
· Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
· Identify suppliers and obtain quotes for outside services required.
· Utilize ERP software system to create routings and bills of material.
· Partner with the manufacturing group to route the part to the appropriate equipment and special process vendors to meet customer requirements.
· Updates Quotes for repeat orders for products and/or designs from customers to grow business strategically.
· Assists all other departments in interpretations of design specifications, quality and customer requirements.
· Work with the manufacturing area to define production routings, refine routing updates discovered during manufacturing or revise for quality or manufacturability improvements.
· Investigate and implement process improvements for manufacturing processes.
· Assists with root cause analysis, corrective action and internal audits.
· Participate in lean activities, which relate to new product development, quoting, and product refinement process maps.
· Perform all other related engineering duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Quality Engineer - manufacturing
· 1-3 years Quality /Product/Process Engineering experience
· Detail oriented
· Product and production-focused, hands-on problem solver
· Must be able to interact with customers to review and request clarification on detailed specifications
· Must be able to interact with supplier to define special processes, receive quotes and drive lead times.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong computer skills, must be proficient with Microsoft Office
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
· Must have the ability to work in a team environment as well as be an individual contributor
· Must be US citizen or permanent resident card holder
Education Requirements: Quality Engineer - manufacturing
· Bachelor of Science degree in Quality /Mechanical/Manufacturing Systems/Industrial Engineering or a related engineering or science discipline with up to three (3) years of practical experience; preferably as a Quality Engineer, Supplier Quality Engineer, Methods Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience in a Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma environment a plus.
· Knowledge of spring design, manufacturing processes, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, complex problem solving and familiarity with AS9100 regulatory requirements within aerospace industry is preferred.