Middle School Science Teacher
- Posted: over a month ago
To create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for higher level education, accordance with each pupils ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Teacher, instruct, demonstrate, inform, perform, direct, and repeat as needed, for pupil learning in the assigned area, utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law, administrative regulation, and procedures of the school district.
3. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
4. Performs lesson plans into learning experiences in order to best utilize available time for instruction.
5. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
6. Evaluates pupils academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
7. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupils progress and interpret the school program.
8. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems.
9. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards and interest centers.
10. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
11. Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrators to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
12. Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
13. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
14. Administers group-standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
15. Participates in curriculum development programs as required. PINON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 4 JOB DESCRIPTION Elementary Teacher (K-5) Board Approved 8/3/15
16. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
17. Is responsible for continuing learning of all students.
18. Familiar with and uses of Accelerated Schools.
1. Arizona Department of Education State Certification requirements are:
a) teaching certificate in elementary area;
b) a passing score of the elementary professional, subject knowledge and early childhood professional knowledge of the Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessment (AEPA) (early childhood endorsement is required for K-3 rd Grades);
c) Bilingual or ESL endorsement or Structured English Immersion (SEI) and
d) fingerprint card are required.
2. The Federal Highly Qualified requirements are:
a) Hold a bachelors degree; and or
b1) Hold a valid Arizona State Certification, and
b2) Hold an advanced degree in the core academic subject area;
b3) Hold National Board Certification in the core academic subject area, or
b4) Have at least 24 credit hours in the core academic subject area, or
b5) Earned a minimum of 100 points on the AZ HOUSEE rubric for this core academic subject all teaching, coursework, and professional development must in the core academic subject area.
c) Passed the Arizona Educators Proficiency Assessment Subject Knowledge Test;
3. Related elementary teaching experience is required.
4. Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Signing Bonus
Pinon Unified School District
EducationView all jobs at Pinon Unified School District