High School Teacher
- Expired: June 03, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
To create a flexible secondary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for higher level education, accordance with each pupil’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Teacher, instruct, demonstrate, inform, perform, direct, and repeat as needed, for pupil learning in the assigned area, utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law, administrative regulation, and procedures of the school district. 3.
Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil. 4. Performs lesson plans into learning experiences in order to best utilize available time for instruction.
5. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom. 6.
Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports. 7. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
8. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems. 9.
Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards and interest centers. 10. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
11. Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrators to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines. 12.
Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records. 13. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
14. Administers group-standardized tests in accordance with district testing program. 15.
Participates in curriculum development programs as required. PINON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTICT NO. 4 JOB DESCRIPTION High School Teacher (9-12) Board Approved 8/3/15 16.
Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities. 17. Is responsible for continuing learning of all students.
18. Familiar with and uses of Accelerated Schools. Requirements 1. Arizona Department of Education State Certification requirements are: a) teaching certificate in secondary area b) a passing score of the secondary professional, subject knowledge c) Bilingual or ESL endorsement or Structured English Immersion (SEI) d) fingerprint card are required.
2. The Federal Highly Qualified requirements are: a) Hold a bachelor’s degree b1) Hold a valid Arizona State Certification b2) Hold an advanced degree in the core academic subject area b3) Hold National Board Certification in the core academic subject area b4) Have at least 24 credit hours in the core academic subject area b5) Earned a minimum of 100 points on the AZ HOUSEE rubric for this core academic subject – all teaching, coursework, and professional development must in the core academic subject area. c) Passed the Arizona Educator’s Proficiency Assessment Subject Knowledge Test; or 3.
Related secondary teaching experience is required. 4. Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
5. Must have proven successful employment record. Benefits Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D) Retirement Plan Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays) Short Term & Long Term Disability Training & Development Employee Assistance Program Professional Development Signing Bonus
Pinon Unified School District
EducationView all jobs at Pinon Unified School District