The primary purpose of the position of Nurse Practitioner is to perform in a supportive capacity to, and under the direction of, the medical director.
1. Perform those parts of client physicals as directed by the Physician.
2. Supervise nursing staff and dispensing operations.
3. Supervise medication storage and inventory processes and procedures.
4. Maintain up-to-date and accurate data in patient computer files.
5. Coordinate patient care with the PCP or other physician who may be prescribing opiates or
other psycho-active medication.
6. Consult with counselors and supervisors as related to individual patient
medical/medication needs at least one time monthly.
7. Conduct H&P’s at intake and annually thereafter.
• Must be a Nurse Practitioner licensed in accordance with the laws in
the State of Virginia.
• Must maintain continuing education credits as required by the appropriate licensing board.
• Experience or knowledge in the field of drug abuse recommended.
• Must be CPR, First Aid, and BLS certified.
Job Type: Full-time