The NOC Analyst supports network, voice, server, and virtual infrastructures. Fields incoming client service requests and incidents via phone, email or ITSM portal. Creates or classifies the initial case, entitles, prioritizes and categorizes the case to ensure understanding of impact and urgency and proper handling. The NOC Analyst will serve as the single point of contact for client cases and provide end user support and updates as required. The NOC Analyst is responsible for successful triage, remediation, and escalation to Tier two engineering and third-party teams. The NOC Analyst will manage the case through resolution or escalation per required work level instruction to guarantee a successful client outcome and ensure proper client communication during outages and service disruption.
- Respond and resolve client cases utilizing ITSM platform, procedures, and training. Awareness of service offerings and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are required.
- Understand Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes to support clients.
- Follow predefined ITIL Case Management and Change Management processes in place for each client when working to resolve client requests or outages.
- Monitor ticketing system and monitoring alarms. Respond/resolve cases in accordance with SLAs.
- Perform triage and remediation, server/software updates, and feature enhancements to server infrastructures.
- Perform triage and remediation, IOS updates, and basic support for Cisco switches, routers and firewalls.
- Triage and remediate incidents for client virtual and cloud infrastructures.
- Triage, remediate and perform basic moves, adds, changes to voice infrastructures.
- Maintain current knowledge of core service offerings and SLAs.
- Demonstrate, understand and commit to the mission of Pinnacle through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
- Support and conduct self in a manner consistent with client service expectations.
- Provide one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone and via remote control tools
- Assist with the new client on-boarding process, including providing onsite support during the initial account go live, creating and maintaining troubleshooting documentation and ongoing service desk training of the client environment
- Diagnose and resolve end-user network or local printer problems including but not limited to PC hardware problems, email, Internet, VPN, and local-area network access problems.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE/CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional communications verbal and in writing with all levels of staff
- Time management
- Adaptability and flexibility within tasks and timelines
- Ability to work independently
- NOC Analysts provide support 24x7x365. Individual schedules may be 3 12 hour days, 4, 10 hour days or 5 8 hour days. with frequent periods of extended hours to ensure business activities are met.
- Occasional weekend and holiday hours may also be required.
Education and Training
1. Associate’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum 2 years administration experience in multiple technologies, including any of the following
a. Citrix, VMware, Symantec Enterprise AV solutions
b. Enterprise Virtual Platforms: VMware or Hyper-V. Patch management and maintenance.
c. Windows Server Administration: DNS, Group Policy, and Active Directory
d. Network Technologies: Meraki, Cisco Route/Switch, Security, Unified Communications
e. Desktop support: Support for client desktop machines and applications.
3. MCP, MCSE, CCNA, CMNA are preferred.