The Environmental Professional will fill the role of Shift Operations Manager (SOM) and is required to provide management and oversight of maintenance and construction activities for the N3B ER organization. Specific tasks include management and oversight of:
· Oversee development and authorization of work for assigned storm water and surface water projects.
· Assist with the development of work activities, and schedules associated with work scope.
· Develop, establish and maintain relationships with all M&O FODs where ER performs work.
· Develop and administer N3B ER Project Preparedness Reviews to ensure Project requirements are defined and implemented.
· Ensure project activities have been planned and have proper controls prior to placing work on the ER Plan-of-the-Day.
· Identify and correct deficiencies associated with implementation of the surface water and storm water program.
· Ensure N3B policies for field execution are implemented.
· Assist in development of the IWCP process and associated work packages.
· Assist SOM’s as a backup as assigned.
· Participate in Fact Findings and contribute to resolutions of corrective actions as assigned.
The Environmental Scientist is required to attend Pre-Job Briefings for all assigned storm water and surface water activities, verify equipment resources for projects, review and approve IWCP work control documents.
· Demonstrated skill and ability to perform critical strategic tasks and to interpret broad strategic requirements and develop and execute plans to satisfy them.
· Comprehensive knowledge of principles, concepts of facility operations techniques, with knowledge of environmental regulations.
· Proven ability to organize own work independently in order to meet established objectives, using discretion in performing duties.
· Demonstrated ability to oversee operational activities for programs and projects in the organization
· Demonstrated ability to oversee self-performed and subcontracted operational activities.
· Demonstrated ability to have major impact on organizational success and productivity
· Advanced skills for effective communication at the highest levels
· Ability to cultivate a close relationship with multiple organizations to understand their needs, respond quickly to their requests, and provide feedback in a timely manner.
· Demonstrated history of encouraging and mentoring other staff
· Mathematical skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job
· Proficient in MS Office to include MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills, with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree combined with 5 years’ of related experience, however, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrate. A degree in Geosciences, Environmental Sciences or Engineering is preferred.
Interacts with all levels of personnel to include external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. May act as an advisor to management and customers in relevant area of expertise.
Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives and may affect image of organization’s technological capability.
Physical requirements conducive to a normal office environment. Job performance requires adequate visual acuity and manual dexterity for meeting the requirements of the discipline. Light work involves lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
Pinnacle Specialty Group, Inc.