Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation's largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
- Responsible for fostering a fun environment.
- Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers.
- Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events.
- Ensure interactions with internal and external guests follow the guidelines of the ACES Service Program.
- Perform cleaning duties in all areas of the facility including, but not limited to cleaning, sweeping, mopping, washing, waxing, polishing, vacuuming, and spot, stain or dirt removal of all floors, rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies, dusting, scrubbing, sanitizing, and buffing including using some machinery as required such as vacuums or floor cleaners.
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas including picking up litter, emptying wastebaskets, cleaning ashtrays and removal and transport of garbage.
- Clean all walls, ceilings, doors, windows, sills, furniture, woodwork, and fixtures in all areas of the facility.
- Clean and service restrooms including replenishing bathroom supplies.
- Maintain accuracy of restroom sheets after cleaning.
- Stock and supply all service areas with appropriate cleaning supplies.
- Assist all departments by responding to housekeeping calls.
- Clean and maintain tables, chairs, fixtures, decor and machines as needed.
- Attend all departmental and company training programs or meetings as directed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner including use of appropriate personal protective equipment where applicable and keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter.
- Meet department uniform, appearance and grooming requirements.
- Eagerly take on any job duty needed to promote productivity in the efficient administration of business or any reasonable request made by your Assistant Shift Manager or management personnel.
- Comply with state, company, and department policies and regulations.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude.
- Must enjoy hosting others.
- Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests.
- Ability to prepare, read and interpret documents. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and communicate effectively with individuals and before groups of people.
- Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts and perform mathematical functions applicable to business needs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to promptly and accurately follow instructions given by Assistant Shift Manager or Manager.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and air quality.
- Must have open availability including all three shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure