- Posted: over a month ago
Pinnacle Engineering, Inc. is looking for an Environmental Staff Scientist to join our growing Minneapolis team and undertake challenging and progressive work on environmental engineering projects. We have an immediate full-time opportunity available for an entry level to two-year experienced professional within our Field Services Group.
Pinnacle has provided environmental services for each of our 31+ years of existence. Long term sustained growth and internal promotion of staff has created this opportunity to join the Pinnacle team.
WHY CHOOSE PINNACLE?
If you are looking for a Family-Owned company that fosters a collaborative environment, focuses on providing exceptional client service, offers the opportunity to work on challenging projects, and makes employee safety a top priority, Pinnacle is the place for you. In addition to a highly competitive benefits package, we offer employee career development programs to help our employees develop and grow their careers. Pinnacle also promotes community involvement and volunteering opportunities.
Essential Job Duties: The Environmental Staff Scientist will work within the Field Services group assisting with the workload. Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Completing emergency spill cleanups
- Oversight of cleanups by subcontractors
- Oversight of remedial system construction
- Remedial system operation and maintenance
- Implementing field sampling plans
- Preparation of field forms, memos, and written reports
- Coordinate, schedule, and perform site inspections
- Complete projects within scope and budget
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with internal project teams and clients.
- Write reports and communication with staff
- Use MSOffice computer programs
- Prioritize workload, multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Document and organize while working on multiple projects
- Flexible yet strong work ethic in order to meet project deadlines and client needs.
- Motivation for continued growth in environmental consulting.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Travel as needed for team meetings, client consultations, and onsite inspections/visits
- Reliable attendance.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Environmental Science; Geology, Biology, or related field
- 0 - 2 years of experience in environmental consulting
- Working knowledge of:
- Methods for collection of soil, groundwater, surface water, and soil vapor samples
- Logging and identifying soil samples
- GIS software and Trimble GPS units
- Hazards inherent to environmental work and related safety measures
- This position requires the use of a company vehicle on company business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no initial supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: Job assignments in the field often involve work on waste disposal sites and sites requiring cleanup of hazardous materials. Participation in an OSHA-mandated medical surveillance program will be required, and safety training will be provided before being assigned to work on these sites. Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature the rough terrain typical of construction sites and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job).
- Duties include the regular use of computer and phone systems.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Currently hold or have the ability to obtain an E-Railsafe, 40-Hour Hazwoper/8-Hour Refresher certification within 30 days from hire date
- Having or the ability to obtain a Class A commercial drivers license a plus
- Proficiency in the operation of skid steers a plus
- Climb ladders or steps where equipment is located, or to perform required inspections
- Ability to carry up to 40 pounds and work in conditions that may feature rough terrain
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time to adjust equipment
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- Ability to obtain a DOT health card
- Normal vision (with or without corrective lenses) is required for this position.
- Applicants must be able to work in out-of-office locations that may feature terrain typical of construction sites and to enter and work within industrial facilities.
- An OSHA-mandated physical exam may be required prior to job placement.
- Safety training will be provided by Pinnacle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. As an exempt employee, additional hours in the evenings and weekends work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: This position requires travel to various client locations. Travel typically involves day trips within the state or neighboring states, resulting in longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long distance travel may be required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Pinnacle is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
A successful background check and drug screen are a contingency of employment, and employees are required to participate in ongoing random drug testing.
Pinnacle offers a full menu of competitive benefits including:
Discretionary Performance-Based Bonus
PTO (Personal Time Off)
Nine Company-Paid Holidays
Flexible Spending Account
Company-Paid Group Life and AD & D Insurance
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Company Wellness Program
Pinnacle Engineering Inc
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Pinnacle Engineering Inc