As the Design Engineer you will be responsible for the complete mechanical engineering function related to custom converting equipment. The design engineers work on a machine from the initial design through the final runoff with the customer, validating that the design meets or exceeds the client expectations. The design engineer will work from previous Pinnacle designs as well as generate completely new custom designs. The engineer will create the complete drawings package for production, including individual parts drawing, weldment drawings, sheet metal drawings, and full assembly drawings with BOM’s. The design engineer will also participate in various design reviews within Pinnacle and potentially with clients.
Most equipment is web handling based, so a strong background in motors and driven machinery is necessary. Knowledge of unwind, rewinds, and slitting is preferred. This is an excellent opportunity for an Engineer who enjoys projects that move from a conceptual design phase to a fully operational machine.
· Work with sales on initial concept design for machines.
· Generate layout and design review drawings.
· Engineer detailed drawings of all parts of the machine.
· Generate complete drawings package for production to build machine.
· Specify, quote, and procure purchased parts for the machine.
· Work closely with production during the machine build phase.
· Periodically work with clients to maintain or improve the machine over its life expectancy.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related experience.
· 3+ years industrial machine design experience, web handling machinery preferred.
· Experienced in AutoCAD Inventor Software.
· Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel and Quickbooks.
· Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates will be drug tested and required to pass a background check as a condition for employment.
Located in our newly renovated facility 1/2 mile east of I-77, off Exit 1, at the intersection of Westinghouse & Nations Ford Road, Pinnacle provides a full range of benefits, including individual / family health, dental & vision insurance, paid holidays & vacation, annual performance bonus plan, 401K/Simple IRA, pre-tax healthcare spending accounts, and more.
Pinnacle’s values are that people are the greatest asset within the company and are committed to giving them the opportunity to enjoy their skill set, their careers and the Company. The Machine Design Engineer compensation package offers a competitive base salary. Candidates must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and successful Machine Design Engineer that wishes to participate in designing and engineering custom machinery.