Junior Design Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
The Junior Design Project Manager will work closely with the Senior Design Project Manager to coordinate and track details of the project with our internal design team and consultants. The Junior Design Project Manager will assist with administrative duties and help maintain company software for project management, design, estimating and scheduling while providing technical direction.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Helps assist with the detailed design phase of the projects, ensuring strict adherence to project specifications and attention to cost management.
- Will help coordinate the design development phase work closely with the architect and coordinates with the required consultants and suppliers.
- Proactively works with subcontractors and vendors to provide required submittal samples.
- Assists in pre-construction activities including take-offs, bid solicitation, bid review, subcontractor negotiations and will help review with Senior Design Project Manager the assembly of the final project budget.
- Assists with maintaining project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Prioritizes tasks to provide a smooth flow of progress throughout the project; overseeing the tasks and responsibilities assigned to employees and subcontractors.
- Assists in the review of monthly payment applications.
- Reviews and updates specification manuals for each project.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Will review close out manuals for owners and property management
- This person is responsible for timely reporting of all client-related expenses and maintenance of accurate records for invoicing including specifying, purchasing, tracking and billing
- Assists in preparing and updating all assigned project schedules, including subcontractors and material deliveries.
Working conditions: main office in Charlottesville, occasional work at active construction site.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree (Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management Preferred). An equivalent amount of education/experience in these fields would be considered in lieu of a specific degree in the design or construction industry.
- One year experience in the construction industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of building codes, regulations and other regulatory compliance in the design and construction industry.
- Proficient ability to understand and analyze site plans and construction documents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and construction management software.
- Position requires exceptional communication, computer, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
Benefits include: health care, dental care, vision care, paid time off, retirement savings plans, life insurance, and long term disability insurance. We offer top wages (commensurate with experience).
NOTE: As a condition of employment, a satisfactory drug test and background check are required.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
A proud Virginia Values Veterans V3-certified company
Pinnacle Construction & Development Corporation is a growing construction company based in Charlottesville, Virginia. We are a group of vertically integrated companies providing development, construction, and management of multi-family and commercial real estate projects. Pinnacle and its affiliates have been leaders in sustainable and affordable multifamily design, development and construction. From multifamily and commercial properties to mixed use, historic, senior living and medical facilities, Pinnacle Construction and Development Corporation's portfolio paints a portrait of professional integrity, skill, and results.
TechnologyView all jobs at Pinnacle Construction