Construction Project Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Project Engineer assists the project team members in meeting pre-set deadlines while building a quality product in the most efficient and cost effective manner. The Project Engineer maintains company software for project management, estimating and scheduling while providing technical and administrative direction to insure corporate objectives are met.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists in preparing and updating all assigned project schedules, including subcontractors and material deliveries.
- Assists in pre-construction activities including take-offs, bid solicitation, bid review, subcontractor negotiations and assembly of the final project budget.
- Assists with maintaining project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Prioritizes tasks to provide a smooth flow of progress throughout the project; overseeing the tasks and responsibilities assigned to employees and subcontractors.
- Assists in the review and processing of monthly payment applications.
- Reviews and updates specification manuals for each project.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Creates close out manuals for owners and property management
Working conditions: on-site construction office and active construction site.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in construction science, construction management, engineering, architecture or other construction-related field.
- Three years' experience in the construction industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and construction management software.
- Position requires exceptional communication, computer, and organizational skills.
Benefits include: health care, dental care, vision care, paid time off, retirement savings plans, life insurance, and long term disability insurance.
We offer top wages (commensurate with experience).
As a condition of employment, a satisfactory drug test and background check are required.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
A proud Virginia Values Veterans V3-certified company
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pinnacle Construction & Development Corporation is a growing construction company based in Charlottesville, Virginia. We are a group of vertically integrated companies providing development, construction, and management of multi-family and commercial real estate projects. Pinnacle and its affiliates have been leaders in sustainable and affordable multifamily design, development and construction. From multifamily and commercial properties to mixed use, historic, senior living and medical facilities, Pinnacle Construction and Development Corporation's portfolio paints a portrait of professional integrity, skill, and results.
AddressCharles Town, WV
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?