- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is primarily responsible for providing necessary support to the Corporate Fraud Officer and to the Fraud Department. It may also provide some assistance to the BSA department. Will help identify and investigate any significant occurrences of fraud involving the banks, their employees or customers in a timely manner, and will ensure prompt reporting and follow up.
- Promptly reviews all assigned fraud related reports and supporting materials on a charter by charter basis so as to detect and identify possible illegal or fraudulent activity involving customer accounts, employee conduct, and other business transactions that may adversely affect the bank(s). Reports will cover such areas as kiting, large dollar suspicious transactions, EOD block entries, Enfact reports, ATM deposits and new customer accounts.
- Investigates and takes appropriate action as directed by the Corporate Fraud Officer such as updating and maintaining the fraud case log, researching account history, recommending holds or closing accounts when potential fraudulent activity is detected. This may involve contacting and working with law enforcement and/or other governmental units, requesting additional information from employees, customers or designated bank charter contacts, or working with Operations Center personnel.
- Reviews designated Fraud and BSA reports and will provide analysis and results to Fraud and BSA Officers. Will assist BSA Department personnel in resolving CIP data issues and will follow up on obtaining necessary MSB documenation.
- Obtains knowledge of the Bank Protection Act, Bank Secrecy Act, FCRA, and Bank Bribery Act. Must review update materials so as to stay current on state bank fraud regulations, and issues involving bank fraud. Attends training as needed. Participates in local and state security and fraud trade organizations.
- Maintains records of investigations performed and SIRs received, and participates in SAR committee. Will file SARs in coordination with Fraud Officer. Serves as resource to Fraud and BSA Departments to help identify and report on potential terrorist or money laundering activity.
- Helps Fraud Officer administer Identity Theft program designed to educate customers and employees of the implications of identity theft. Aids in design of customer communications designed to reduce potential of such theft.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Skill in excellent verbal and written communication.
- Skills in Computer proficiency and general word processing.
- Skills in problem solving and ability to organize and handle multiple tasks at same time.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest level.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong knowledge of bank fraud and bank operations. Ability to obtain working knowledge of security devises. Criminal Justice or law enforcement background a plus.
- Minimum 2 years experience in banking environment.
- Computer proficiency and general word processing skills.
College degree with some emphasis on business, criminal justice, law, or human relations preferred.
We offer fair and competitive compensation as well as bonus based on an employee's years of service and possible discretionary merit bonuses. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in the Bank incentive programs based on charter/branch guidelines. Other benefits include:
- 8 paid holidays
- 17 PTO days each year for the first five years of employment. Employees must also complete the 90-day introductory period prior to accruing PTO.
- New employees will receive 12 hours of paid sick time upon their hire date
- After five years, 22 PTO days each year
- Health, dental, prescription drug card, vision, and voluntary life insurance plans
- Health Savings Account with employer contributions
- Flexible medical and dependent care spending plans
- Parental Leave after one year of full time employment
- 401K plan after 3 months and start of next quarter with employer contributions and profit sharing
- Free checking account and basic printed checks
- Free safe deposit box
- $15,000 group term life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance
Pinnacle Bank / Bank of Colorado
LegalView all jobs at Pinnacle Bank / Bank of Colorado