IT Service Engineer/Consultant - [MSP Support Tech, B2B Sales]
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance
BASIC & TRADE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing advice on available services and products to new/existing clients at their offices and businesses; by vehicle dispatch and remotely online.
- Creating relationships with potential new clients and instilling confidence in our services; identifying issues and providing insight to customer’s questions.
- Making recommendations, estimates and invoices for repair services, computers and hardware/software to fit customers’ needs.
- Recording customer information and job details into our support ticketing system, and taking payments in-person and over-the-phone.
- Diagnosing computers (hardware, software, performance), cleaning up junkware/bloatware, removing viruses/malware; restoring OS health.
- Backing up user accounts and personal files, recovering lost data/files/partitions (program licenses, credentials/passwords, and other system settings).
- Installing, repairing, cloning and upgrading operating systems. Email setup, migration, configuration. Deploying managed software applications.
- Printer installation and configuration, including full-featured driver deployment and customized settings configuration.
- Architect and deploy enterprise networks (wired and wireless) using Ubiquiti hardware; Gateways, Switches, AP's, etc.
- Monitor, maintain, deploy and convert (physical and virtual) enterprise environments; Windows Server 2008 R2 - Server 2016.
- Design, on-board, deploy and manage users in server manager, group policy, network sharing, and Office 365 EMC.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Attractive approachable appearance. Friendly attitude, patience.
- Confident/persuasive demeanor and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal/written/interpersonal skills and memory.
- Ability to blindly type at 30+ WPM with grammar/accuracy.
- Skills multitasking in fast paced arena, without distractions.
- Conceptual understanding of all major hardware peripherals/components
- Full understanding and functionality working with/in modern computers.
- Familiarity with major Windows O and file structures (Win 7-11, OSX 10-12)
- Proficiency in using major web browsers & default applications.
- (Chrome, IE, Edge, Safari, Office 2016-365, Outlook, Explorer…)
- Understanding of software / apps (configuration, settings, personalization).
- Valid Drivers License & Reliable vehicle for transportation to and from work.
- Must Live within fair transit distance (30 minutes of central Pinellas).
- Must own modern smartphone and personal computer (must run latest SW).
- Physical (non-virtual) Bank Account required (payroll by direct deposit only).
- Must pass a drug test and background screening. Read this listing 2X.
- 1+ years of CS/sales tech support rep exp (retail, B2C, or inbound leads).
- Experience working in a computer repair shop, tech service department, automotive repair center, retail store, or customer sales/service center.
- Competence working with a sales POS system (SalesForce, Quickbooks, etc) AND/OR support ticketing system (RepairShopr, ConnectWise, etc).
- Proficiency in diagnosis, testing, replacing hardware, and rebuilding computers (PSUs, MOBOs, HDDs, CPUs, RAM, GPUs, LCDs, etc).
- Knowledge of backing-up and restoring file data, user accounts, profiles and settings, and preferences across Windows and Office apps.
- Experience being a tech consultant (aka "matchmaker") knowing fundamentals of not “selling from your own pocket”: unbiased advice.
- Experience in retail product and service sales, including selling add-ons, bundles, and upgrade options to the end-user.
- Component soldering, Enterprise VoIP skills, Advanced networking knowledge, Tech certs (A+, N+, Sec+, MSCA, MCSE, etc).
SCHEDULE AND AVAILABILITY:
- Full-time: 5 days on, 2 days off (one is Fri or Sat or Sun)
- Work shifts are 8:50am - 5:35pm, with 1 hour break for lunch
- Closed 7 holidays & 40+ Hours PTO annually
- 4-12 weeks paid hands-on training in-store & skills development.
- Position starts as hourly (BoE). 4-12 weeks of paid training
- 1099-contractor for 90-days probationary; W2 employee after
- Company-issued Dell/HP Pro Laptop (i5/DDR4/SSD/WinPro)
- Company-paid MS 365 E3 Premium subscription w/ 5TB
- Company-provided Gunnar Optiks digital performance eyewear
- Company-issued OTE Active Noise Cancelling BT Headphones
- Company-paid Sam’s Club Business Premium member card
- Company-sponsored Amazon Prime business membership
- Company co-paid T-Mobile service w/ unlimited talk, text, & LTE
- Company-issued Gear/Swag (tumbler, gadgets, etc)
- Free banking/checking accounts from Chase bank
- Automatic height-adjustable bamboo sitting/standing desks
- 54” Technologist workstations w/ 4 outlets + USB/Cat5
- Available Nerf N-Strike Elite 6-shot with ammo (yes, seriously)
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS ¹
- Paid Time Off (PTO) begins accruing on your first day (40hrs/yr)
- Humana Dental & Vision (PPO) insurance options
- Allstate Accident Indemnity insurance policies
- MD-Live 24/7 TeleDoc health / prescription service options
- Allstate Disability + Critical Illness & Life insurance plans
- TransAmerica Preventative Care & Wellness ($0 co-pay)
- ID Shield & Legal Shield w/ Member Perks Discounts
- Digital HR by Gusto: Mobile App, Work Verify, Time-off
- Annual Holiday Bonus - Recognition & Rewards
- Team-oriented, positive & friendly culture of IT people
- Best-in-class tooling, resources & automated infrastructure
- Constantly evolving workflows, process & methodology
- Templated processes & procedures for Escalations Support
- Quarterly performance & annual compensation reviews
- Structured "SMART" Incident Reporting & Correction system
- Tracked goals + shared Reports for Service/Product metrics
- Static schedule, consistent hours & days off, no weeks over 40
- Flexible professional dress-code (solid polo / biz-casual)
- Full-amenity kitchen w/ refrigerator, microwave, Keurig, etc
[Redeemable at 3 months ¹ / 6 months ² / T2 expert *]
Pinellas ComputersClearwater, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.