Surgical Tech (GI Endoscopy)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pinehurst Medical Clinic is seeking a Surgical Technologist and/or a Certified Surgical Technologist to join our Gastroenterology Endoscopy (GI) center at our Heather Glen location in Pinehurst, NC. This position plays a key role in patient care working with our providers in providing the best in patient care by applying surgical technology skills to assist in providing patient care in the GI endoscopy center. This is a full-time day shift position and does not require weekend or holiday hours
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the multidisciplinary activities required to provide the highest standard of care for the perioperative patient including providing a safe environment for the patient.
- Assists in obtaining and organizing supplies and instruments prior to the medical procedure.
- Assists in the preparation of the patient, assembly of supplies, instruments, and equipment as well as the proper disposition of all specimens.
- Performs surgical scrub duties, sponge, instrument, and needle counts according to department policy and procedure.
- Provides the surgeon with appropriate instruments, supplies, and equipment in a timely manner.
- Monitors and maintains sterility of the surgical field according to departmental policy.
- Assists with all aspects of room turnover and instrument/equipment processing.
- Assists with the positioning of the patient according to departmental policy.
- Monitors and maintains surgical supplies for sterility of the surgical field according to department policy.
- Monitors and documents sterilization activities for completion and accuracy according to departmental policy/guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education (Including Licenses and Certifications):
- Graduate from an accredited school of surgical technology program is required.
- Certified BLS or completion in first 90 days of employment required.
- Surgical Technician Certification from NBSTSA, NCCT, or NHA is highly desired.
- Previous experience as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures, policies, and protocols desired.
No weekends or Holidays required
Pinehurst Medical Clinic
Get fresh Surgical Technology jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.