- Posted: 26 days ago
Rose’s Restaurant Group (by James Beard Award-winning Chef Aaron Silverman) is seeking a full-time Sous Chef for its two-Michelin-starred fine dining restaurant Pineapple and Pearls.
Some things to know about us:
Our mission is “To make this the most enjoyable restaurant to work in and the most enjoyable restaurant to dine in”. This is the reason we are here. This is why we do what we do.
We are big on communication and organization. We believe these are huge keys to success. And the better we are able to communicate and organize ourselves, the more success we will have.
We are big on teaching and growth. We work hard to make sure everyone is constantly growing and learning. We want everyone who works with us to become a better cook, barista, chef, manager, and most importantly, leader.
We like having fun. While we take our jobs very seriously, we also do so lightheartedly. In other words, we love to hustle and get better every day but we also love to do it while laughing and having fun at the same time. (And yes, that is possible).
Who we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate is someone who, most importantly, has a real passion for making other people happy. A minimum of three years of kitchen experience in fine dining restaurant operations is required for this position.
- Be active in menu planning sessions.
- Be critical but supportive of others’ work. At the end of the day, we all own the dishes on the menu.
- Be a role model for other sous chefs. Stay on task.
- Carve out time to work on dishes that inspire self.
- Carve out time for others to work on dishes, including hourly.
- Clearly communicate to the junior sous chef or an hourly cook who is doing the training what the expectations are for our new hires.
- Learn to oversee labor costs. Learn to track on a weekly basis and alert leadership of any staffing needs or overages.
- Continue to be responsible for the food cost of dishes you put on the menu. Track changes and update leadership as appropriate.
- Participate in your assigned portion of inventory and make sure it is done accurately and new items are added and old ones are removed as necessary.
- Maintain and promote the betterment of company-wide, both general and specific policies and activities, for cooks, servers, managers, and guests through menu development, system changes, organization, cleaning policies, etc.
- Connect with all staff, BOH, and FOH as possible, to inspire everyone to have the best time at work possible. Not just for the guest experience but also for each individual…to promote positivity and pride in everyone’s day, to reinforce that each staff member is part of this, something bigger than any one person and the ability to touch another’s experience in the day is at one’s fingertips.
- Take pride in being a positive force in everyone’s day
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Company-paid medical benefits
- Company-paid dental benefits
- Generous Paid Leave Policy for hourly employees
- Parental Leave Plan
- 401K plan
- Complimentary gym membership
- Employee Assistance Program (covers mental health services, legal services, and additional support)
- Life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal Financial Advisor services
- Sommelier Certification Reimbursements
- WMATA SmartBenefits program
- Most major holidays off
- Access to our Vision benefit program
- Unlimited (air) high fives!
If you have the background we are looking for and love making people happy, we’d like to hear from you. Please apply with your resume and a cover letter letting us know why you'd be a good fit. More detail about Pineapple and Pearls part of Rose's Restaurant Group, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/61528-pineapple-and-pearls
Pineapple and Pearls
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?