GENERAL SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing an established project-specific quality control program, executing its performance according to contract requirements, completing administrative documentation on time, and cultivating customer satisfaction with internal and external parties.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A BA/BS degree in Industrial/Construction/Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience in the solar industry.
- At least 3 years minimum field experience
- Specialty inspection training and licenses/certs highly desired.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet, etc.) required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains regular attendance on the assigned job-site per specifications described in the contract documents.
- Ensures Design and Construction Submittals are reviewed and approved as required by contract. Certifies for compliance prior to allowing material on site and any segment of work to proceed.
- Conducts daily site observations and inspects all work/re-work and materials to ensure compliance with contract requirements. Notifies the Pine Gate QC Manager of any non-conforming segment of work. Oversees the removal and inspects the replacement of any defective work.
- Implement a Quality Management System to ensure compliance with quality standards and/or contract specific documents that may include QC and QA inspection and testing programs
- Conduct specification reviews, participate in the development of project QA/QC plans, generate material submittals, participate in the development and review of mix designs, review quality data and inspections and manage QA/QC subcontractors
- Participate in the development/implementation of corrective action and training tools for field personnel
- Periodically follow-up on corrective actions to verify compliance and improvement
- Prepare technical reports
- Provide quality related training for field personnel
- Review and recommend acceptance of contractor quality programs, plans and checklist
- Track and report inspection activities
- Participate in the development of quality documentation/procedures
- Evaluate plan processes as it relates to quality control and make necessary recommendations for improvements
- Assure company complies with specifications by any State, contracting agency or owner
- Have knowledge of and comply with all safety policies in field operations