Pine Gate Renewables, LLC has an exciting opportunity for a collaborative, highly-energetic and results-driven professional to join our team! As a contributor within a fast-paced environment, this hands-on position requires attention to detail, superior communication skills, and the ability to work within a cross-functional team of professionals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an entrepreneurial passion for renewable energy development and a desire to work with clients to get solar done.
Reporting to the VP of Development Operations, the Project Management Associate (PMA) will assist with the day-to-day activities of the Development Project Management Team. The PM Associate will serve in a supporting role to the Project Managers as they move solar projects through the development life cycle.
The Development Project Associate must be flexible, adaptable, and able to problem solve. The position is responsible for many projects in varying markets so an ability to learn quickly and independently is paramount.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Assist the Project Manager in all aspects of the project to include:
- Support the Development Project Management team through all aspects of utility-scale solar development
- File regulatory and utility related documents and applications such as FERC 556 forms, utility interconnection status reports, Interconnection Requests, FAA Hazard Determinations, et al.
- Prepare presentation materials and reports for use by Project Managers
- Regularly update project information using CRM software (Salesforce)
- Research new markets for requirements related to interconnection request process, PUC filings/registrations, and utility reporting
- Submit and track invoices and payment obligations to Accounts Payable and internal tracking databases
- Update project budgets based on internal reports, cash flow tracker, and prepare budget-to-actual figures
- Review contracts including leases, interconnection agreements, power purchase agreements, etc. and track deadlines for deliverables, reporting, payments, etc.
- Vendor management
- Setting up internal and external data rooms Obtaining all required signatures needed for project documents and the proper storage of executed documents
- All processes related to change of control of acquired or sold projects
- Documentation of internal processes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Ability to building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Complete assigned tasks, activities, projects in the time allotted. Promptly notify direct report of any delays.
- Ability to build Strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Good listening skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to see the big picture and not get lost in the details.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMAND:
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 30 pounds.
- Travel up to 25%.
- Position works in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit/stand at a desk and utilize a computer, for extended periods of time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in a support, administrative, or project management role. Experience in the renewables sector preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel.
- Familiarity with CRM software. Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to manage numerous projects, data, priorities, and relationships simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Experience with contract management and contract review a plus.