Pine Gate Renewables, LLC has an exciting opportunity for a collaborative, highly-energetic and results-driven professional to join our team! As a contributor within a fast-paced environment, this hands-on position requires attention to detail, superior communication skills, and the ability to work within a cross-functional team of professionals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an entrepreneurial passion for renewable energy development and a desire to work with clients to get solar done. A self-starter possessing solid communication skills, keen attention to detail and a forward-looking attitude.
The work is fast-paced, demanding, and intellectually stimulating; candidates will need to work well under pressure and tight deadlines and have the aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and develop innovative solutions. Experience in corporate accounts payable/receivable and general ledger review is required.
The FP&A Analyst will report to and work closely with the Director of FP&A. S/he must be able to adapt and innovate in a continually evolving industry and thrive in an autonomous workplace environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Work with Director of FP&A to develop a comprehensive reporting package for projects in development and/or under construction.
- Perform variance analysis on development and construction budget/forecasts to actuals.
- Identify, analyze, and communicate to management the impact on the Company's financial investments, profitability, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department forecasting models
- Work with the internal finance team, development team, and accounting team to prepare monthly loan draws for projects under construction.
- Extract valuation summaries from internal finance team models and incorporate them into corporate financial model.
- Monitor corporate cost against budgets and reforecasts, highlighting areas of overspend and assisting the business partners in the costs tracking and variance explanations.
- Perform statistical, cost, and financial analysis of data extracted from various internal and external sources; prepare reports based on findings.
- Create financial model analyses as needed.
- Address strategic issues on an ad hoc basis that are complementary to the regular planning and analysis processes.
- Facilitate the budgeting, forecasting business planning and results analyses of sales, gross margin, expenses and net profit.
- Develop standardized portfolio investment methodologies for the purpose of facilitating portfolio prioritization and resource allocation optimization for the assigned category.
- Develop and support standardized financial investment methodologies (e.g., ROI, EVA and NPV).
- Develop and support standardized financial analysis methodologies (e.g., trend, ratio, volume/price, scenario planning, risk and opportunity assessment, expected outcome and sensitivity).
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required – preferably in finance, accounting, economics, or business
- At least 2 years of corporate experience working in a finance capacity, preferably in accounting, investment banking, or real estate
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving ability
- Possess integrity and commitment to compliance
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, manage several projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong work ethic, a high degree of detail orientation, and an extreme sense of urgency
- High proficiency with financial modeling and techniques, advanced Microsoft Excel skills mandatory
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Intacct or comparable software desired. Accounting software administration experience preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMAND:
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 30 pounds.
- Position works in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit/stand at a desk and utilize a computer, for extended periods of time.
PGR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.