Pine Gate Renewables, LLC has an exciting opportunity for a collaborative, highly-energetic and results-driven professional to join our team! As a contributor within a fast-paced environment, this hands-on position requires attention to detail, superior communication skills, and the ability to work within a cross-functional team of professionals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an entrepreneurial passion for renewable energy development and a desire to work with clients to get solar done.
Reporting to the Senior Counsel, the Associate Counsel will assist in delivering first-class legal support to all departments. The ability to work both independently and provide team leadership and mentorship are critical, as well as the desire and innovative mindset to operate as an important teammate within a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist business teams such as Origination, Development, Asset Management, , Finance, Sales & Marketing, and Business Development in negotiating and drafting associated transaction documents such as MIPAs, utility offtake agreements, finance documents, Requests for Proposals (RFP), and other contract documents with timely delivery
- Review and help prepare responses to requests for proposals and other competitive tenders
- Provide a first-level review of various contracts, agreements and other legal documents under supervisions of Senior Counsel
- Review and negotiate nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements with vendors and business partners
- Work with the Senior Counsel to ensure quality, clarity and consistency across all legal documentation
- On a limited basis, conduct legal research on various legal topics to create memorandum with recommendations and summarize findings to review with the Senior Counsel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to efficiently leverage outside counsel.
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting, superior analytical skills, the ability to identify and resolve legal issues quickly.
- Customer focused and able to influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization.
- Must have a high work ethic, be a team player, and possess flexibility.
- A positive, even-keeled, professional demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of contacts, including outside attorneys, senior management, counterparties and business associates.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands from multiple business clients.
- A team player with the ability to proactively identify problems, drive projects, make complex cost/benefit assessments, and identify pragmatic/creative legal and business solutions
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively and to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly and effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization
- Must be a confident business savvy lawyer who can protect the business from material legal or regulatory liabilities while functioning as an active member of a commercial team rather than merely a legal adviser
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills both written and oral
- Ability to effectively manage workload and meet critical deadlines
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to quickly and accurately solve problems and come up with value-added solution
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts including power purchase agreements, lease passthrough (or inverted lease) structures, and both construction and permanent leverage is preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMAND:
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 30 pounds.
- Travel up to 25%.
- Position works in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit/stand at a desk and utilize a computer, for extended periods of time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Juris Doctor
- A current license to practice in one or more US jurisdictions
- A minimum of [5-7] years experience in a transactional setting either at a top-tier law firm or corporate setting, preferably in the energy industry