Pine Gate Renewables is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk that is excited about working in a dynamic environment in the renewable energy industry. The Accounts Payable Clerk will provide financial, administrative and clerical support to the Construction Operation and Accounting Department. He or she will be responsible for performing all aspects of accounts payable data entry, gathering of supporting documentation (in digital format), invoice approval review, and payment initiation. The ideal candidate is a self-starter possessing solid communication skills, keen attention to detail and a forward-looking attitude. Experience working for a construction company is required. Strong technology skills are critical - particularly expertise with ProCore, Microsoft Excel, and enterprise-level accounting software.
The position will report to the EPC Accountant and the Controller, and s/he must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for managing all construction-related accounts payable functions, including but not limited to: processing and properly coding invoices from multiple vendors; gathering supporting documentation to support invoices and purchase orders, ensuring invoices are fully approved by responsible managers; issuing payment according to company policy and vendor preference.
- Responsible for printing checks and initiating all ACH/wire transfers for vendor invoices.
- Investigating invoicing errors, discrepancies, and omissions and contacting vendors to resolve any issues.
- Completing vendor credit applications as needed.
- Preparing, issuing and managing lien waivers to subcontractors as needed.
- Providing accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
- Continuing to improve payment process.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be detail-oriented with exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in a clear, concise, and effective manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to complete a variety of tasks and projects in a timely and well-organized manner
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
- Effectively manage multiple priorities with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, diligent, and able to troubleshoot, problem-solve and prioritize
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent follow-through skills
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other related major
- 3 plus years of accounts payable/receivable processing experience
- Familiarity with a multi-entity business strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel and Word) and accounting software applications. Proficiency with Intacct, ProCore, and/or other ERP software preferred
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Experience with accounts payable software required
- Ability to solve practical issues in situations where only limited standardization exists
Work Environment/Physical Demand:
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 30 pounds.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Position works in an office environment.
- Must be able to sit/stand at a desk and utilize a computer, for extended periods of time.