Seeking CDL-A Hazmat Drivers
Since 1975, we have grown to become the world’s leading group of privately owned swimming pool, patio & spa stores, with stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana and Texas. The Corporate headquarters is located in Clearwater, Florida. Our drivers transport product to our retail stores.
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle
· Check for paperwork and verify security of the load before leaving
· Responsible for on time deliveries to stores
· Keep accurate DOT logbook
· Responsible for safety and security of tractor, trailer, and contents
· Assist stores in receiving delivery and taking returns
· Maintain a professional attitude at all times
· Unloading trailer and loading returns (Some hand unloading will be necessary)
· Verification of returns
· Pick up back hauls as assigned
· Fueling and basic cleanup of tractor after run.
· Night-time deliveries as needed
· Any other duties, as assigned
Current mileage starting at $0.40/mile, maxing at $0.50/mile (Average 1600-1800 weekly miles)
Stop pay ($6/$12/$16) (Stop pay split if co-driver)
Safe driving bonus
Hourly pay for holidays/vacation (starting at $15)
Valid Florida CDL-A with Hazmat Endorsement
5 years verified driving/tractor/trailer experience
DOT medically certified
Ability to lift 100 pounds to waist height
Ability to push/pull 2500lb pallet w/manual pallet jack
Ability to load/unload trailer and stack/unstack freight as needed
Must be 24 years minimum and neat in appearance
Excellent communication skills
High school graduate/GED
Applicant may not have any of the following violations while in a commercial or private vehicle:
· Alcohol or drug related violations.
· Any major driving violations, within a three-year period.
· More than (2) minor driving violations, including accidents, within a three-year period.
Excellent benefits on the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment
Health/Dental/Vision/Life/STD/LTD/Accident Coverage/Critical Care Insurance
401(k) after 90 days with Company match
Vacation pay (TOWP)
Discretionary holiday bonus
Since opening its first store in 1975, Pinch A Penny has become the largest franchised retail pool, patio and spa company. A family-owned business, Pinch A Penny began with the Thomas family opening a discount store within an industrial park in Clearwater, Florida. This first store evolved into a full-time, full-service retail pool supply store offering everything needed to operate and enjoy a swimming pool or spa. Pinch A Penny carries a wide variety of swimming pool products such as chemicals, equipment, patio furniture, giftware, toys and floats for the pool.