Civil Engineer - Project Manager - Environmental (Frisco, TX)
We our seeking an independent, progressive professional with an outstanding business and technical presence to assist in growing, managing, and developing our solid waste management engineering services in the DFW. This position demands a skilled leader with a network of contacts and experience within the North Texas region solid waste community. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Business Development Expectations This individual will collaborate with senior staff and report to a senior practice leader in the Lubbock office. He or she would support existing clients while helping to identify and develop new business opportunities in solid waste, civil and environmental services, including new clients and markets, as well as assist in developing effective proposals, presentations, and bids. Project Management Expectations This individual will provide leadership, direction and coordination for regional projects and clients and will interact with senior managers in developing planning initiatives. He or she would also nurture, train, supervise and evaluate junior staff and recruit additional staff depending upon growth of the market area.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Civil/Environmental/Geotechnical/geology) required.
- Minimum of 10 years' of experience in Civil/Environmental/Geological Consulting or the Solid Waste Management Industry.
- Professional registration (i.e. PE or PG in Texas or ability to acquire through reciprocity).
- Experience with the full scope of landfill development, operation, engineering, and closure services, including landfill gas collection and control, siting studies, liner and cover system design/construction, closure plan development, geotechnical assessment, solid waste planning and financial studies, design of waste collection, transfer, and recycling facilities, and/or development of source reduction and recycling programs.
Additional desired environmental experience includes
- site assessments, field investigations, underground storage tank investigations, and remediation as well as environmental monitoring of soil, water and air.
- Environmental/Air permitting experience, including experience with the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality would be beneficial but not required as long as there is a background in Subtitle D regulations.
- A strong civil background would be a plus.
- Key Attributes
- Be able to foresee how the proposed designs will interact and comply with a site's permit and all state regulatory agencies.
- Collaboration. Be able to work with others toward a common goal. Must be able to work with other engineering disciplines and scientists who design other systems and with the technicians and mechanics who put the designs into practice.
- Innovation. Must strive to solve several issues at once, from operations to permitting. Must be able to identify and anticipate problems in order to prevent project losses and safeguard workforce health.
- Insight. You will often work with business experts such as lawyers and other professionals outside of your field. You will be required to not only write, but also read and comprehend documents with topics outside your scope of training.
- Influence. Must be able to communicate clearly so that others without your specific training can understand your proposals, permitting documents, plans, specifications, findings, and other documents.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.
Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, 401-K, Vacation Time, Holidays paid off REC10016592