Overview: Indianapolis based manufacturing company is seek Cost Engineer who collects and analyzes all project costs, including raw materials, labor, equipment and tooling to ensure estimates are accurate.
● Obtain material pricing and organize all the information necessary to create and submit proposals to customers in coordination with other functions.
● Use detailed spreadsheets and company-approved formulas to calculate the projected costs of proposed projects.
● Review plans and product specifications to accurately determine the quantities of materials needed and the process time required to effectively manufacture a product.
● Solicit and review subcontractor proposals and help with contract negotiations.
● Document total materials needed, including detail regarding all codes, brands, and contact information necessary to process orders.
● Work requires interface with project management, engineering, and procurement departments .
● Other related duties as assigned.
● Industrial Engineering/Manufacturing degree
● 10+ years’ experience of cost estimation in a manufacturing environment
● Experienced or understanding of industrial Sewing, Assembly, Riveting, Welding – plastics and metal, Laser cutting of sheet metal parts, Bending and processing of sheet metal parts, Cutting of Webbing,
● Experienced with Make vs Buy analysis on plastics, stampings, weldments, assemblies, etc, Powder coating and plating processes, Metal treatments – Heat treatments, Material movements, Packaging costs
● Able to analyze project requirements to accurately estimate costs for each component.
● Ability to communication efficiently, clearly, and effectively with various clients, colleagues, suppliers, and other parties
● Critical thinking and solid decision making are a must
● Ability to juggle multiple tasks and provide cost estimates in a timely manner to help projects stay on time and on budget
Relocation and benefits....
Our types of work arrangements are:
3. Direct, permanent hire
PinPoint ResourcesTechTrades/PinPoint Resources is a staffing and recruiting services firm that specializes in Skilled labor. We identify, recruit, place and support great talent to support client needs nationwide. We've been doing it successfully since 1993. Our goal is to represent your qualifications well, place you in a position where you can thrive, and support you there. We strive to be your long-term job "matchmaking" solution. Our types of work arrangements are: 1. Contract 2. Contract-to-Hire 3. Direct, permanent hire