Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: $ 85,00.00- $110,00.00 Annual (DOE)
Status: Exempt and Non-Supervisory
Reports to: Executive Director
The Business Development Manager leads the efforts of Pima Leasing & Finance Company
(PLFC) in maximizing their leasing values within the Gila River Indian Community, including
advising GRIC regarding the establishment of competitive target lease rates and leasing
strategies based on comparable economic and demographic data. The successful candidate
will possess extensive knowledge of local market conditions, regulatory issues, andcompetitive
land parcels in the Greater Phoenix area. Duties include market analysis, feasibility studies,
strategic site selection, due diligence review, and financial analysis of potential lessees. The
role involves research across various markets with the end goal of identifying and measuring
risks and opportunities. Elements of research include the use of data gathering and analysis to
formulate and communicate investment conclusions and recommendations. Communication
methods often include regular commentary, papers for use with internal and external audiences,
and presentation material. This position supports the well-being of the corporation by
providing business development due diligence to accomplish the goals of the Pima Leasing &
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Prepare financial and sensitivity analysis for all transactions and projects.
· Coordinate key functional process to meet ongoing due diligence requirements to monitor for potential financial risk to the Community.
· Gather information from multiple sources, coordinating interviews, meetings, process reviews, and documentation review.
· Use a risk-based approach to verify the information provided and independently identify adverse information.
· Develop business justification and recommendations for presentation to user groups, the executive management team and the Board of Directors for approval.
· Screen and oversee the underwriting of potential leases including financial analysis, market information, offering terms and conditions, marketing materials, contract review, and negotiations.
· Develop benchmarking standards, and key metrics.
· Maintains excellent relationships with internal customers, senior management, legal, tax, risk management, vendors, consultants, and outside brokers.
· Conduct timely and sufficient due diligence.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Attributes
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical materials, financial reports, and/or legal documents.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or business owners, Boards of Directors.
· Ability to effectively present information to Executive and Management Teams.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as lease discounts/concessions, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
· Ability to understand and calculate simple discounted cash flow, net effective rent and possess understanding of internal rate of return and other real estate concepts used for evaluating the feasibility of a proposed transaction.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Experienced with spreadsheets, word processing and web-based marketing software.
· Ability to work independently, maintain strong interpersonal skills and exercise sound judgement and initiative.
· Protects the corporation by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-demand work environment.
· Knowledge of the Gila River Indian Community and its Government.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in related discipline such as Business Administration required (Master’s degree in relevant area preferred). Candidate should have a minimum of at least 3+ years of direct commercial real estate transactional experience and / or 5+ years of overall commercial real estate industry experience. A combination of education, training and work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of this position will be considered. Valid Arizona Driver’s license is required for the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an entire shift/extended period of time; walk; use hand and fingers to handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and drive a motor vehicle. The employee occasionally is required to sit; bend, climb, stoop, lift, carry, push or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is generally performed indoors and the employee in this position is normally exposed to a moderate noise level.
Must acknowledge and agree to maintain a Drug-free Work Place as a condition of employment. Agree to a background check for employment purposes.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473). Preference is given to qualified enrolled member of the Gila River Indian Community.
The Gila River Indian Community is also committed to achieving the full and equal opportunity without discrimination because of Race, Religion, Color, Sex, National Origin, Politics, Marital Status, Physical Handicap, Age or Sexual Orientation. In other than the above, the Gila River Indian Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Closes: September 10, 2020 (5:00 p.m.)
Pima Leasing & Financing Corporation
Why Work Here?
Great Benefits and place to work!