- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
7150 - Program Manager - Unclassified (Dietetics Services Manager)
This grant-funded position is in the Community Nutrition Programs section, in the Community Outreach and Prevention Education division in the Health Department. Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: U4
The Pima County Health Department, Women Infants and Children (WIC) program, is seeking a motivated and team-orientated Dietetics Services Manager to join our team. This position provides administrative leadership for programs within the Pima County Health Department's Nutrition Services Functional Area, including clinical supervision of the registered dieticians and other select staff. This position oversees training of all new WIC staff and ongoing training of all nutrition services staff. The ideal candidate will be a registered dietician with interest and skills in leadership, training, and mentoring. If you enjoy being a part of a diverse work group and working in a fast paced environment, this may be the opportunity for you.
This classification is in the unclassified service and is exempt from the Pima County Merit System Rules.
Please note: Successful candidates offered employment with Pima County, including current employees who have applied for new positions, are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their scheduled start date. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation – accommodation forms are located online.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
- Develops program goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, and establishes short- and long-range program performance plans subject to management review;
- Manages and administers program activities and evaluates program effectiveness and success;
- Manages the activities of professional staff and evaluates their performance;
- Develops, negotiates, monitors, and administers contracts, intergovernmental agreements, and/or financial and service agreements for the program managed;
- Monitors program contract compliance and takes corrective action as required;
- Performs as a program representative within the community, delivers informational news releases, serves as a program contact person, and participates in community awareness activities;
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships and coordinates program activities with other County departments, public and private agencies, organizations and groups to promote the program and its goals;
- Analyzes local, state and federal legislation and ensures program compliance with applicable regulations and policies;
- Directs organizational and management studies for the purpose of identifying problems and alternative solutions to the problems;
- Develops, writes and administers the program's annual budget, prepares program-related financial forecasts, and identifies funding sources to support program activities;
- Reviews and analyzes routine and special reports detailing the status and/or success of the program, prepares recommendations, and/or initiates corrective action;
- Evaluates management problems and makes decisions regarding the proper course of action;
- May make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors regarding program objectives;
- May direct the preparation and submission of proposals and grant applications;
- May access or maintain specialized databases containing program-specific information to review information or generate reports.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles and procedures of public administration, management, and program planning, development, and evaluation;
- applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
- principles and practices of budgeting, accounting, purchasing, contracting, and financial management;
- contract and grant application preparation, negotiation, and administration;
- community agencies, organizations, and resources;
- data and statistical analysis techniques and application to planning studies and projects;
- principles and techniques of effective communication to include written composition and public speaking;
- applications of automated information systems.
- planning, developing, evaluating, and managing programs and projects;
- preparing and administering budgets, grants, and contracts;
- researching, analyzing, and reporting data;
- presenting, explaining, and interpreting program goals, objectives, policies, and procedures to the public;
- managing staff and planning, organizing, and coordinating program activities;
- communicating effectively;
- establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with service groups and organizations;
- establishing, reviewing, and modifying procedural and technical guidelines to enhance program effectiveness;
- use of automated information systems to maintain or produce data.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with an academic major in health, nutritional science, dietetics, or education plus significant professional management experience in the same areas.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Current registration as a Registered Dietitian (RD) by Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in workforce development/staff training, including assessing training needs, instructional design, adult learning, and remote learning.
- Minimum one (1) year experience mentoring staff.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a leadership and/or supervisory role.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in the implementation and interpretation of policy, protocols, and administrative procedures.
Pima County Government
BusinessView all jobs at Pima County Government