IT Technical Support
Pima County Government Tucson, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental, life insurance,
4717 - IT - TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST - SENIOR
This position, with on-call shifts, is in the Information Technology Department.
Salary grade: 58
The Pima County Information Technology Department is seeking self-motivated and experienced candidates to assume a highly technical role as a Technical Support Analyst - Senior on the NOC Escalation Team. This position is responsible for ongoing maintenance and resolution of escalated issues of the County’s Enterprise computing center environment. Responsibilities also include the design, development and integration of processes and procedures to maintain and support the computing needs of the County and supported agencies. This role requires functional and technical skills with a strong ability to think conceptually and strategically. This position will be mainly focused on base operations for Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, Exchange 2016, File System Services, SolarWinds, Change Auditor/Superna Eyeglass, ITSM (FootPrints), Isilon, SharePoint and other Enterprise infrastructure applications managed by the NOC Escalation Team within the Pima County Information Technology Department. A successful candidate must be able to run advance diagnostics, analyze, triage/troubleshoot, and perform problem resolution with escalated computing or system issues. This candidate must also be able to work independently and participate on or lead cross-functional teams and be able to effectively present ideas to management. ITD staff are required to be on-call on a rotational schedule for after hours maintenance or issues and provide ongoing support to staff when required. In applying for this position, pay particular attention to the description that follows and to the Preferred Qualifications at the end of this posting, addressing each qualification in your application.
Please note: All new hires (and promoted employees) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, within 30 days of hire. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation – accommodation forms are located on-line. For new hires (and promoted employees) hired after October 1, 2021, the applicant must have a full set of COVID-19 vaccines, by the effective date of hire.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's need and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Client Environment (includes Elected Officials) Maintenance and Support
- Leads other IT employees in troubleshooting and resolution of complex client computing and communications hardware, operating software, applications, affiliated software environment and peripherals;
- Leads client kit hardware, operating system, application and utility software evaluations and recommendations;
- Leads development and enforcement of client kit software and hardware configuration, deployment and administration procedures and practices;
- Coordinates the annual definition/upgrading of the client infrastructure and associated component processes and improvement opportunities;
- Monitors client environment for proper operation within required performance, function and availability expectations and leads root cause analysis where service level agreement (SLA) issues are discovered;
- Co-leads continuous improvement efforts within sphere of responsibility.
- Works with project teams to understand client requirements and define appropriate client kit hardware, software and network connectivity solutions;
- Assists in developing and testing required client kit hardware, operating systems and application configuration requirements;
- Works with project manager to define client kit environment deployment strategies and schedules;
- Develops, coordinates and/or provides user training and orientation services per project requirements;
- Leads development of client kit deployment, support and maintenance procedures;
- Works with project team to define required post-project implementation operational skill sets and resource demands;
- Coordinates and executes client kit environment deployments according to defined project schedules, budgets and compliance requirements;
- Coordinates and executes client kit environment decommissions resulting from new project driven technology deployments and/or upgrades.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- desktop or other operating systems and affiliated software components, services, protocols and technologies, to include office automation applications (e.g., Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint) and other vendor commercial applications interfaced into client computing and communications environment;
- wireless communications equipment such as fixed, portable and mobile radio devices, dispatch console equipment, as well as related radio system and remote site control equipment with working knowledge of FCC rules, regulations and technical standards;
- IT Infrastructure Library for the Incident and Problem Management environment;
- Intel desktop computing architectures and affiliated hardware components and technologies including networking, modems, monitors, projection devices and other peripheral devices, to include desktop computing, printer and other peripheral device driver, connectivity configurations and administration utilities (e.g., Microsoft SMS etc).
- organizing workload, being proactive and managing a wide variety of customer requests simultaneously;
- written, verbal and interpersonal communications;
- operating within a fast paced, highly technical environment; writing procedures and work instructions;
- leading others in troubleshooting and resolving complex client computing or communications hardware or software/applications issues;
- operating as a member of a team;
- employing quality skill sets and diagnostic tools;
- being resourceful, self-managed, customer focused and demonstratedability to maintain a solid understanding of client computing and communications deployment, configuration, upgrade and integration concepts;
- coordinating and communicating with internal and external customers/vendors;
- employing diagnostic, analytical and conceptual skills with detailed orientation.
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS), or a closely related field and two years of experience in the maintenance and administration of client computing or communications hardware and software infrastructure.
(2) An Associate's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS), or a closely related field and four years of work experience in information technology including two years of experience in the maintenance and administration of client computing or communications hardware and software infrastructure.
(Additional relevant work experience/education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 administration.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Active Directory administration.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in Exchange 2016 or O365 administration.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in Cloud integrated services, such as ADFS with Azure, O365 and Azure AD.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in any of the following: software configuration, change management activities, design and execution of complex test plans.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience scripting (e.g. PowerShell, VBS, etc.).
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in server security, to include functions such as user and password management, updates, security protocols, auditing, backups and best practices.
- A resume is required.
Pima County Government
TechnologyView all jobs at Pima County Government