- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
1364 - FINANCIAL ANALYST (FUNCTIONAL SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR - FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS DIVISION)
This position is in the Finance and Risk Management Department.
Salary Grade: 53
This position is located in the Financial Transactions Division of the Department of Finance and Risk Management. The successful candidate will work in a team environment dedicated to supporting Pima County's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial system. The primary tasks for this position will be to assist in maintaining the system's reliability and provide support to all County users. We are looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful, computer-savvy team player with a positive attitude to join our team.
Please note: Successful candidates offered employment with Pima County, including current employees who have applied for new positions, are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their scheduled start date. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation – accommodation forms are located on-line.
- Assists in preparing, analyzing, reviewing, evaluating and monitoring Countywide and multiple departmental operating and CIP budget requests;
- Assists in Countywide and departmental budgetary and financial studies concerning current and projected fiscal and operational matters, and develops recommendations on the feasibility of initiating new programs and maintaining or expanding existing services;
- Assists in providing technical assistance to departments engaged in budget preparation by explaining financial policies, procedures and processes to insure mutual understanding of request and proper use of automated budget system;
- Assists in the development of initial recommendations for department core funding levels based on revenue and expenditure projections overall program budgets and departmental performance measures;
- Assists in compiling, analyzing and preparing budget data for publication in the annual Countywide Requested, Recommended and Adopted Budget documents;
- Processes business and financial system user security access and approval workflow requests;
- Uses internal tools and procedures for reconciling and balancing financial data between multiple systems;
- Assists with providing user support and troubleshooting issues for business and financial systems used Countywide;
- Assists with testing of enhancements and configurations of business and financial systems used Countywide;
- Creates and maintains chart of account elements in the County’s financial system;
- Assists in ensuring county inventory is safeguarded by conducting reconciliations and observing departments are utilizing proper controls;
- Assists in the preparation of internal financial and budget reports by gathering, analyzing, tabulating and interpreting data;
- Assists in monitoring multiple departments’ spending throughout the year and assists in gathering data to be used to provide recommended forecast data;
- Gathers information for multiple departments’ programs, goals and objectives and compiles the data to be used to analyze those targets.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- County policies and procedures;
- automated accounting systems, spreadsheet and database applications;
- methods and techniques of financial management and budget preparation and analysis;
- data collection, research techniques, methodologies and analysis methods;
- principles and practices of budgeting and accounting.
- communicating effectively, both orally and in writing;
- identifying problems and developing clear, concise and logical conclusions and recommendations;
- researching, analyzing, interpreting and auditing financial and budgetary data and preparing reports on findings;
- performing statistical and mathematical analysis.
(1) A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, finance, economics, public or business administration or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment.
(2) An Associate’s degree with a focus in accounting, finance, economics, public or business administration or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment from an accredited college or university and two years of professional experience in accounting, budgeting, auditing or accounting analysis, or financial management research.
(Additional relevant experience and/or education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Work or college-level course experience with large data sets, data mining, or data analysis.
- Work or college-level course experience using a financial accounting or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Work or college-level course experience using Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access.
- Work or college-level course experience using SQL (Structured Query Language) or other industry standard programming languages.
- Customer service experience in a professional business setting.
Pima County Government
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Pima County Government