Administrative Support Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
7485 - Administrative Support Services Manager - Unclassified (COPE Deputy Division Manager)
This position is in the Community Outreach and Prevention Education division within the Health Department. Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: U4
Are you passionate about serving your community and making a difference in people’s lives?
The Pima County Health Department is a team of dedicated professionals working to support the health of our diverse community. We are looking for people that are innovative and who can contribute to creating solutions to the modern-day challenges of public health.
We are in search of an experienced public health professional with significant grant writing and grant management experience to serve as a member of the Community Outreach, Prevention and Education (COPE) division’s leadership team. The COPE division consists primarily of grant-funded programs that aim to improve community-wide health outcomes by addressing the social determinants of health. Specific programmatic areas include maternal child health, tobacco, chronic disease prevention, and bike and pedestrian safety, among others. The Deputy Division Manager is a full-time role that will assist in managing daily operations of the COPE division, provide operational oversight, support program managers, and assist with department-wide strategic initiatives as assigned. The Deputy Division Manager will also lead the development of state and federal grant applications and action plans. The Deputy Division Manager reports directly to the COPE Division Manager.
This classification is in the unclassified service and is exempt from the Pima County Merit System Rules.
Please note: Successful candidates offered employment with Pima County, including current employees who have applied for new positions, are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their scheduled start date. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation – accommodation forms are located online.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
- Plans, organizes and directs the activities of an administrative support services unit for a major department or department cluster;
- Directs coordination of fiscal and administrative activities with the corresponding functional areas of central services departments (i.e. Finance & Risk Management, Procurement, Facilities Management, Human Resources, etc.);
- Provides services to departments, including, but not limited to accounting, budgets, accounts receivable, procurement, human resources, payroll, and risk management;
- Directs the development and implementation of administrative procedures applicable to the department's functional areas;
- Directs the preparation and administration of the department's support services budget and coordinates the preparation of all department and division budgets;
- Assigns, trains, supervises and evaluates the work of subordinate staff;
- Studies, recommends and implements process improvements, which affect the economy and efficiency of operation of the department.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles and practices of public administration;
- principles and practices of financial management;
- governmental accounting practices and procedures;
- principles and practices of leadership and management;
- principles and practices associated with the area of assignment;
- relevant Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations;
- principles and practices of risk management and loss control.
- assigning and directing the work of professional and administrative staff;
- communicating effectively, both orally and in writing;
- establishing and maintaining effective working relationships;
- analyzing difficult administrative and financial problems and presenting solutions clearly and concisely.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business or public administration or a closely related field and three years of professional administrative experience, which involved managerial responsibilities.
(Relevant experience and/or education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Master's degree in public health, public administration, or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years experience writing state or federal grant proposals, and managing state and/or federal grants.
- Experience in public health, determinants of health, health equity, and health disparities.
Pima County Government
Get fresh Manager Administrative Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.