Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pillar To Post Field Technician
* Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
* Your Cover Letter is a critical part of the hiring process. Your ability to communicate your qualifications and desire for this postition within a short cover letter, will be a major factor in your ability to secure an interview.
* Please complete the application and any online assesments that may be required.
* This job requires a high attention to detail and an exceptional ability to follow instructions completely.
JOB OVERVIEW The responsibilities of a Field Technician require a broad range of abilities. Much of the technical needs can be taugh on the job, however the interpersonal skills to communicate both verbally and in a written report format are critical. The Field Technician will work alongside the inspection team with the expectation of eventually becoming an integral member of the team in not only field-technical work, but also home inspections. This is a valuable step in those desiring to pursue a home inspection career. This position will report to the business owner and work with additional team members to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction as well as revenue goals and standards of practice.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: * Coordinate placement and pickup of specialized testing equipment
* Obtain water, mold and other environmental samples following established protocols
* Deliver all samples to appropriate laboratories/delivery agencies
* Assist Senior Inspectors on Inspections
* Performing 80% of the required home inspection activities under supervision of Senior Inspectors
* Convey all findings in a professional manner using proper grammar and punctuation (verbal and written)
* Communicate professionally with real estate agents and customers as well as team members
* Maintain accurate records of all services performed
* Maintain a strong sense of time management to ensure all appointments are arrived at prior to scheduled start time and completed within the allotted time frame
* Complete all paperwork and follow established company procedures from initiation through completion of all tests and/or inspections
* Participate in marketing events such as luncheons, trade shows, office visit marketing programs, etc.
* Responsible for all company issued equipment
JOB PAY RANGE: * $14-18/ hr Depending on experience
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: * Previous customer service experience preferred
* Proven ability to achieve professional goals
* Strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
* Requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license. A company vehicle will be provided.
* Pass all assessments administered during the hiring process* Having passed the NHIE (National Home Inspector Exam) is a plus * Maintain required/recommended certifications throughout the course of employment
* Appearance and Body language:* Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public
* The company will issue shirts for wear during work hours, but khaki-style pants and dark shoes will be the responsability of the employee; no jeans or shorts.
* Well groomed and professional looking for our customers * Communciation Skills: * Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (able to adjust and adapt to the commuincation skills and styles of the customer)
* Excellent command of the english language, both verbal and written.
* Spanish language proficiency a plus. * Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive mental outlook and a clear focus on quality and customer service. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with a variety of customers. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Always presentable and businesslike. Able to get along with others and be a team-player.
* Computer Skills: Proficient computer skills particularly internet and email, as well as cellphone and iPad apps and functionality.
* Literacy and Numeracy: Able to analyze air and water quality testing results, understand information located on various equipment and/or appliance labels. Must be a competent writer
* 2 years of college level courses required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: * Working conditions may require this position to work in the extreme heat or cold
* May be required to work in the rain
* Required to walk on roofs, enter attics, or crawl under homes
* Must have the ability to climb ladders and maneuver in tight spaces
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* May be required to work weekends and evenings
* This position will require local travel (driving from location to location) up to 150 miles
Inquiries can be made via email only to email@example.com. Office staff will not be able to and have been instructed to not answer questions regarding this job opportunity. Feel free to include any questions with your resume/cover letter and we will try to respond in a timely manner.
Pillar to Post - Jared Fenn Team
Get fresh IT Field Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!