Pillar Resources is looking for a dynamic and sales driven individual who has a background in commercial flooring sales. The right candidate will need to possess an entrepreneurial spirit that contributes to their ability to problem solve and be highly resourceful. We are looking for someone who is hungry, humble, and looking to grow and expand themselves as much as we are.
The Commercial Flooring Sales/Project Manager is responsible for maintaining relationships with our current commercial flooring customer base, as well as securing new business through prospecting efforts. The primary role of the Commercial Flooring Sales/Project Manager is to prepare and submit bids for projects, present solutions and pricing for potential customers, and manage commercial projects from inception to completion.
- Create new commercial business and build client relationships.
- Prepare and submit estimates per client specifications.
- Manage projects to ensure installers are completing quality work per specs and timeline.
- Initiate and prospect for new business through self-investment by joining and networking within various organizations, communities, and groups.
- Track and manage customer interactions, recording all aspects of the sales process up to and including closing the sale.
- Meet or exceed sales/awarded project expectations.
- Maintain a professional, ethical, and positive disposition as a primary representative of the company in the community.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a sales role, preferably commercial and/or new construction sales.
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial flooring.
- Experience with MeasureSquare and RFMS, a plus.
- Experience in estimating/take-offs of floor plans.
- Basic computer skills, including internet knowledge, and working proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and database applications.
- Proven and successful sales track record.
- Ability to understand blueprints.
- Must be a self-starter and able to take initiative.
- Ability to meet deadlines and understand priorities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Proven ability in creating new business and client relationships.
- College degree preferred.
- Current book of business or industry contacts, a plus.