Project Manager II
Pika Energy- A Generac Company South Portland, ME
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and more productive. United by our Values, people with diverse backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global customers have peace of mind.
We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People.
Pika Energy, a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems, is seeking a Project Manager to join our growing Clean Energy team. The Project Manager is responsible for planning and executing all product development activities including new product introductions, cost reduction, technology integration, and lifecycle product support. The position requires strong technical and cross-functional product development and business process knowledge, superior people leadership skills, functional and project management experience, proficiency in quality systems, and business planning knowledge.
This position works closely with the product business groups and other functional leaders in the company (product management, engineering, service, manufacturing operations, supply chain, marketing, quality, IT, finance) and is responsible for leading product development projects supporting the Generac Clean Energy business.
- Provide project management leadership to teams for new product development projects including: creating schedules, building product development plans, integrating the activities of cross-functional team members
- Implement product requirements into project scope, design and product realization requirements
- Lead key project execution, in primary collaboration with Product Management, Engineering (Hardware, Firmware, Software), and all other relevant functions for new product development or similar product initiatives
- Execute projects to schedule, project cost, scope and quality commitments
- Achieve target product cost for Generac and product life cycle cost for Customers
- Effectively execute and provide suggestions for improvement of the product development process.
- Utilize the Generac Development Process (GDP) Milestones and Design Reviews as key drivers of product development progression.
- Define and drive Risk and Mitigation plans for projects.
- Define and lead contingency option assessments when needed, then select and execute mitigation plans
- Facilitate collaboration between departments to identify and harvest new product development concepts, technologies, techniques, standards and procedures.
- Manage attributes and decisions such as make vs. buy, shipping and logistics cost, bidding process
- Identify, evaluate and document “lessons-learned” during the project and communicate best practices and lessons learned to project team members on future projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of progressive work experience in engineering, project engineering, project management, product management, or related new product development field
- 3 years of project management experience leading cross-functional teams in design, development and manufacturing of electrical equipment, machinery or other powered products.
- An understanding of Firmware development and validation
- Prior Experience blending Agile and waterfall project management principles to manage projects in a high-tech development environment with cross functional teams
- PMP, Project Management Certificate, or other formal Project Management education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Advanced level ability to deliver results while working simultaneously on multiple projects, balancing resources, timing and quality of outcomes
- Advanced level ability to lead the transformation from product requirements into a product design and realization plan to meet or exceed the product and business goals
- Demonstrated ability to influence people and teams who are not direct reports
- Advanced team building and leadership skills
- Strong understanding of engineering technical issues/needs, manufacturing, supply chain, service, customer service, finance, sales, and marketing as related to product design and development
- Advanced communication skills
- Self-driven, highly motivated, flexible and high capacity to learn
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
Generac is at the forefront of changing technologies offering the broadest range of power products from portable and home standby generators to solar storage and smart home energy management solutions. You’ll work for the power solutions leader in a market with incredible growth potential. This is your opportunity to launch an exciting career in Sales with Generac and Pika Energy. If you’re an aggressive seller looking for a competitive market, apply today!
Pika Energy- A Generac CompanyWhy Work Here?
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
Pika Energy, a division of Generac Power Systems, (NYSE: Generac) is a leading provider of clean energy products including smart battery systems, inverters, power converters, and building energy management solutions. Pika combines the pace and energy of a tech startup with the resources of a fast-growing Fortune 1000 company. Generac is at the forefront of changing technologies offering the broadest range of power products from portable and home standby generators to solar storage and smart home energy management solutions. You’ll work for the power solutions leader in a market with incredible growth potential. This is your opportunity to launch an exciting career in Sales with Generac and Pika Energy. If you’re an aggressive seller looking for a competitive market, apply today!
AddressSouth Portland, ME
TechnologyView all jobs at Pika Energy- A Generac Company