Are you interested in joining a high-growth company in the Clean Energy industry?
Come join the Clean Energy Team in our mission to power the transition from fossil fuel energy sources to clean, smart, renewable energy!
Pika Energy, a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems, is seeking a Product Manager to join our growing team. The Product Manager develops and drives product strategy cross functionally with P&L responsibility in the assigned product category for Clean Energy. This role is responsible for product lifecycle management, and ensures the successful launch of new products, prioritizing strategies based on market analysis and business capabilities.
This position will be integral in gathering and maintaining category research and synthesizing data into facts and trends that validate company direction on product development, driving innovative three year product roadmap in collaboration with other business leaders. The Product Manager understands product quality metrics and communicates issues to the appropriate groups, contributing to problem solving and resolution.
This position is based in South Portland, ME.
- Develops product category strategy to drive revenue and profitability for assigned product lines, including specific, measureable goals such as percentage of market share, net sales, product revenue and margin growth.
- Prioritizes creation of strategies against business needs and market demand.
- Gathers and maintains category foundational research. This includes industry- and consumer-focused research (e.g., industry outlet share, market share, and retail sales by price tier, competitive product profiles, consumer “pain points” and usage/attitude research).
- Synthesizes data into facts and trends that validate company direction on product development.
- Serves as knowledge expert in product category relative product capability, technical specifications and features, as well as market drivers and the competitive landscape.
- Drives innovation-based three year product roadmap to deliver concept ideation such as Unique Selling Propositions, roadmap of new projects, improvements to existing products and product lines, new product launch timing, phasing out old product timing, channel/customer driven NPI (New Product Introduction) projects, and cost reduction projects.
- Build and deliver timely reports and presentation to internal stakeholders and external customers, including relevant metrics and information related to the product line or category.
- Utilize formal and informal communication to drive product strategy across the organization, gaining buy-in from broad stakeholder base in a matrix environment.
- Collaborate across functions and lead indirect teams to move projects through the stage gate development process.
- Drive activities and execute on strategies to support the sales team and process at key launch events or product milestones.
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering team to understand critical intellectual property, regulatory standards, legislation in order to update product category strategy as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of progressive related work experience
- Prior product management experience in renewable energy space
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated capability to gather and utilize market analysis to understand the competitive landscape and drive product development decisions
- Proven ability to articulate a business case to stakeholders and customers, including relevant product and market information tailored to the audience
- Demonstrated technical skills for understanding and driving new product development in a manufacturing and engineering environment
- Proven ability to conceive, develop and launch new products using a cross-disciplinary approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Effective organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to act proactively and identify innovative solutions
Why work for us?
- Startup company feel
- Small teams and Lots of collaboration
- Flexible schedules
- Casual dress code
To formally apply to this position go to www.generac.com/careers. You will not be considered an applicant until you complete an online application.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Generac is at the forefront of changing technologies offering the broadest range of power products from portable and home standby generators to solar storage and smart home energy management solutions. You’ll work for the power solutions leader in a market with incredible growth potential. This is your opportunity to launch an exciting career in Sales with Generac and Pika Energy. If you’re an aggressive seller looking for a competitive market, apply today!
Pika Energy- A Generac Company
Why Work Here?Pika Energy, a division of Generac Power Systems, (NYSE: Generac) is a leading provider of clean energy products including smart battery systems, inverters, power converters, and building energy management solutions. Pika combines the pace and energy of a tech startup with the resources of a fast-growing Fortune 1000 company. Generac is at the forefront of changing technologies offering the broadest range of power products from portable and home standby generators to solar storage and smart home energy management solutions. You’ll work for the power solutions leader in a market with incredible growth potential. This is your opportunity to launch an exciting career in Sales with Generac and Pika Energy. If you’re an aggressive seller looking for a competitive market, apply today!
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
South Portland, ME