Commercial Interior Designer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Commercial Interior Designer is responsible for providing quality design work to clients in a timely manner, and within budget, to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction; Design work may include, but not be limited to, projects that include Herman Miller furnishings, Herman Miller Healthcare Furnishings and/or DIRTT furnishings.
Position Accountabilities & Performance Expectations:
- Attends initial client meeting with salesperson to gather programming data
- Develops layouts, specifications, and finish selections and checks all plans for design integrity, completeness, and compliance with code & ADA requirements
- Works with other designers as appropriate to develop layouts and specifications, fee proposals, and cost estimates
- Reviews all plans for design integrity, completeness, and compliance with requirements
- Maintains contact with clients during critical phases of each job, including site visits as appropriate
- Participates in reviewing the work of all outside contractors
- Conducts post-occupancy evaluation and punch list review
- Maintains current knowledge of the industry, products, methods, promotional strategies, and technology as well as trends within the industry
- Markets to prospective clients individually or jointly; provides assistance in the development of sales strategy as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
Corporate Accountabilities & Performance Expectations:
- Provide prompt, courteous and exemplary service to all customers, both external and internal, in accordance with the corporate mission, vision, values and beliefs of Pigott. Demonstrate courtesy and professionalism, consistently providing a timely response to every customer service inquiry.
- Support Pigott commitment to quality by developing and maintaining position-specific procedures, process instructions and/or forms to better serve the company and customers as necessary.
- Attend work on a regular basis. Adhere to all guidelines as outlined in the Pigott Team Member Handbook.
- Accept responsibility for personal and professional development.
- Perform additional responsibilities at the request of manager or the Pigott Leadership team.
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork in accomplishing the goals and objectives in the department.
- Adhere to Pigott corporate branding standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of business operations on behalf of Pigott and all clients.
- BS, BA, or BFA degree in interior design, architecture, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience with interior design, space planning, facility planning, architectural drafting, AutoCAD, or furniture specification is preferred
- Strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills are required
- These criteria will be used by the Corporate Design Manager to evaluate performance:
- Maintains a high level of professional and technical knowledge for all related products and processes
- Understands work procedures, requirements of the job and its priorities, and makes decisions accordingly
- Attains necessary interpersonal, relationship-building, and communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of customer contacts, co-workers, vendors, and contractors
- Demonstrates commitment to professionalism, integrity, and sound judgment in all business transactions
- Displays the commitment and mental attitude to promote the overall success of Pigott, Inc., through providing our client(s) with the highest level of customer satisfaction possible
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pigott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Company will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage prospective team members and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Company.
ConstructionView all jobs at Pigott, Inc.