Summary: The Senior Cloud Engineer will manage the automation of infrastructure deployment and implementation, adoption, and day-to-day support of an Azure cloud Infrastructure environment distributed among multiple regions and Business Lines.
- Oversees the management of day-to-day operations, planning, automation, implementation and maintenance of Azure cloud. Experience with Azure Active Directory, VMs, storage, data security, virtual desktops, automation, DevOps and IaaS architecture.
- Communicates and works with vendors as appropriate for network troubleshooting of complex issues.
- Ensures all resources are deployed to ensure high levels of availability and optimal performance while adhering to governance, security and compliance standards.
- Provides senior level oversight/direction for the support, maintenance, analysis, monitoring and administration of the Azure and hybrid environments.
- Serves as the primary contact for any managed services partner relationships and escalation point for external and internal support staff for complex issues.
- Participates in the design and development of enterprise solutions and architectures with Department Management.
- Provides reporting, monitoring and budgeting for consumption.
- Leads medium to large sized projects as the technical expert and liaison between internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures all existing, planned and/or new technical implementations are in accordance with established standards and industry best practices for a cloud first organization.
- Periodically reviews standards documentation for accuracy and ensures adherence to established policy and standards is being followed by networking team.
Infrastructure Support Enhancement
- Assists the Principal Engineer and CTO with new network infrastructure and modifications to existing environments to support the strategic initiatives of the bank and ensure the sustainability of business operations and availability of services.
- Maintains abreast of technological advances in network systems and equipment. Recommends improvements when appropriate.
- Ensure company data and assets are safeguarded by making sure cybersecurity procedures and regulatory guidelines are documented, followed, tested and remediated when appropriate.
- Responsible for evaluating, mentoring, developing and elevating privileges of junior network team members as appropriate. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree required;
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive Systems Admin experience with at least 3+ years working with Microsoft Azure Cloud technologies
- Information Systems Security and or Azure Certifications preferred
- Outstanding understanding on Cloud VM and Server technologies, including management of services across a hybrid-cloud environment as well as migrating applications to the cloud
- Extensive background and experience with M365, Intune, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint Online
- Strong understanding of a hybrid cloud networking architecture
- Experience with SaaS/Cloud protection solutions (CASB), a plus
- Outstanding understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements
- Demonstrate experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale IT system or Software projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work efficiently across internal and external organizations.
- Hardworking, result oriented with outstanding problem solving skills
- Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices, and Columbia Bank policies
- Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
Pierce Technology CorpFair Lawn, NJ
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.