Human Resources Business Partner
- Posted: over a month ago
Pieper Electric is hiring a Human Resources Business Partner! Under the direction of the HR Manager, this position will partner with the HR team and management to assist in the development, implementation and administration of all phases of Human Resources including but not limited to: strategic human resources, employment & recruiting; compensation & benefits; training & development: employee/labor relations, and human resource information systems. This position will support change and achieve best practices to serve as a partner to Pieper management as it collectively addresses safety, employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and growth in the fair treatment of employees.
Compensation & Benefits (Total Rewards):
- Analyze benefit programs as necessary to ensure Pieper’s package is competitive to the industry. Add or improve programs as necessary.
- Ensure employee compensation maintains internal equity and remains competitive with industry market standards.
- Manage total rewards activities that drive performance, attract and retain the best talent, and fit with business objectives
- Oversee administration of benefits as performed by HR Administrator
- Participate in the coordination and support of the health fair each fall, as coordinated by the HR Administrator
Employment & Recruiting:
- Consult supervisors on workforce planning issues as requested to fill company needs
- Fulfill the recruiting strategy as it relates to developing job descriptions, job advertisements, posting roles, searching for and screening candidates, and writing offer letters
- Own the recruiting process to meet company goal of filling positions within 60-90 days
- Maintain compliance through documentation of the recruiting process, and work as a team to maintain applicant files, employee files, medical files, etc. in accordance with record-keeping regulations
- Attend Career Fairs each year for the recruiting of interns and Management Trainees
Strategic HR Planning & HR Business Partner:
- Collaborate with HR Manager to develop PPC, PEI, and the HR Team’s one- and three-year plans, and fulfilling the respective objectives
- Distribute and review the annual employee engagement survey. Ensure an action plan is developed in supported branches to resolve outstanding issues
- Provide strategic HR support to multiple operational branches; support short and long-term branch goals through consultation and project management/support.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in HR and other processes. Implement changes or develop and execute action plans independently or in conjunction with the HR team as needed.
Training & Development:
- Assist the continuing education team, increasing class selection and elevating its value to the company
- Identify and teach class curricula within your special niche
- Analyze training needs and make recommendations for new or different offerings based on need.
- Collaborate with HR Manager in managing and monitoring the performance review and development plan processes, utilizing the HRMS
- Conduct training and provide support for supervisors and employees throughout process completion
- Make recommendations for change and improvement to review/plan process
- Respond promptly and thoroughly to employee and managerial requests for assistance
- Investigate, mitigate, and document resolutions of all complaints
- Assist with monitoring compliance with state and federal employment laws such as ADEA, ADA, FMLA, HIPAA, USERRA, etc. Utilize professional sources to provide additional guidance as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or similar focus required
- 3 - 5 years of work history with generalist experience required
- PHR accreditation preferred
- Positive safety attitude and personal integrity
- Exemplify company values
- Strong knowledge base of human resource principles and applications
- Proven success in effectively recruiting and hiring candidates
- Self-starter able to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy and thoroughness in work
- Ability to reason and think logically in problem-solving to implement action plans and reach solutions
- Strong organization and time management skills necessary to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to clearly convey ideas and guide supervisors in decision-making
- Ability to earn trust and build rapport with all levels of the organization
PPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females are encouraged to apply
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?