Pieper Electric is hiring a Senior Estimator to provide guidance and expertise to estimator trainees and temporary estimators from the field. The position will estimate all types of electrical work and will maintain close relations with departments regarding services and estimates. This position directs and assists other estimators that may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Liaise with Estimating team, Coordinate estimating effort relevant to particular estimate as assigned.
- Prepare disciplined estimates by calculating complete take-off of scope of work.
- Prepare reports as requested
- Introduce cost saving ideas through redesign (Value Engineering opportunities).
- Partner with Project Managers and teams to prepare breakdown of estimate. Provide estimate information to Project Manager.
- Review and approve take-off and estimates done by estimators under him/her.
- Submit bids and proposals on projects estimated.
- 5-10 years of electrical estimating experienced required
- High School education required. 2 year technical degree preferred
- 5 years of experience with estimating software and onscreen estimating required. Accubid, preferred.
Pieper Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females are encouraged to apply