Pieper Electric is hiring a Machine Safety Specialist within the Automation group at the New Berlin, WI location. The Machine Safety Specialist will provide technical and engineering services on a myriad of machine safety needs to customers across multiple industries.
- Onsite safety system installation/configuration
- Provide risk survey facilitation.
- Design safety circuits and entire safety systems
- Write Risk Assessment Technical Reports
- Manage projects within your authority. Support on-site teams to accomplish desired results.
- Engineer safety solutions based on the customer requirements and risk survey findings.
- Programming of Safety controllers using function block or ladder logic programming styles Possesses good technical writing ability and understands design engineering requirements.
- Two year technical certification/degree OR four-year engineering degree is required, preferably electrical, automation systems technology or similar discipline.
- Background and experience in PLC programming
- Experience with functional block programming
- Ability to become TUV certified within the first year or two. In order to do that, the qualified candidate will need either the higher education mentioned, or 5 years of experience in machine safety. Able to build rapport with customers of various industries and management levels.
- Understands standards and requirements and able to apply them under varying conditions.
- Ability to travel 1-2 weeks (domestic) per month including weekends