Pieper Automation is adding an Automation Engineer II to its team in New Berlin, WI. The Automation Engineer will have a strong understanding of PLC’s/Operator Interface Systems and/or Instrumentation and can lead a design review. The focus of this role will be on electrical and panel fabrication design.
- Liaise with the Project Engineer and Customers regularly - via phone and in person.
- Share ideas and help problem solve with other Designers
- Develop and prepare layouts, details, and panel and fabrication drawings for implementation either in the field or in the panel shop.
- Utilize electrical interconnect concepts, electrical component layout, and fabrication methodologies to provide complete and accurate designs
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Investigate and incorporate specification items into electrical drawing sets that can be used by the panel shop, field electricians and engineering staff
- Eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong knowledge of electrical wiring, design, component, and hardware placement knowledge.
- Competent with CAD and all Microsoft products – Excel/Word etc
- Practical experience of panel fabrication basics, component layout concepts, and basic electrical connectivity.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.