Implementation of internal and/or external communications to support stakeholder engagement. Stakeholders may include employees, physicians, leaders, board members, donors, or other community members including the general public. Coordinating consistent messaging, communications procedures, and programs that effectively support and advance Piedmont's initiatives, reputation and business goals. Executing and managing communications plans and strategies, which may include writing and editing, creating presentations, leader talking points, and/or media engagement. Develops strong working relationships and partners with colleagues throughout the organization who serve as content or source subject matter experts. Works closely with other communications team members to ensure consistency within communication strategy, planning and support for enterprise-wide goals. Event planning, organization and implementation as needed and as is consistent with organizational strategy.
1. Assists with implementation of communications that address critical areas of Piedmont priorities, builds ambassadors, drives action, accelerates performance and (for internal stakeholders) fosters an open dialog and two-way communication.
2. Thinks critically to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. Regularly evaluates communications channels to determine effectiveness. Seek ways to improve and innovate. Serves as consultant to other areas of the organization on how to best achieve their communication goals.
3. Works within a team to create a comprehensive stakeholder engagement utilizing a variety of communication vehicles. Creative and effective placement of content within a variety of digital and print vehicles including web, intranet, newsletters, social media, print publication and trade journals, etc.
4. Completes writing assignments for management or subject matter expert signature or approval. Able to act as the single point of contact to tie our engagement plans together to create a clear and compelling story for stakeholders. Works with media to assist telling Piedmont's story to the public.
5. Fosters strong collaborative working relationships at all levels of the organization, particularly other communication professionals in the organization and areas integral to the healthcare story, i.e., nursing. Builds trust and respect for communications function across the organization.
6. Proactively develops contingency plans around issues management and general preparedness for handling crises or reputational challenges that may arise.
7. Assists with event planning and implementation for internal and/or external events, consistent with the organization or entity strategic goals.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English or other related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One to two years of professional level work experience creating internal and/or external communications and individual deliverables.